NFL 10 years from now (1 Viewer)

Hello,
With all the talk of the direction of the NFL I'm curious to see you guys thoughts. Where do you think the NFL will be in ten years?

Personally I see it like this.

1. The ratings have dropped and attendance is down. Although the NFL is making more money than ever offering a streaming experience that gives a 360 degree field view. Something similar to virtual reality with cameras mounted in players helmet.

2. Their are 4 more teams added to the league. Two international and two domestic. The raiders are now in Las Vegas, and chargers have moved to Oakland. San Antonio, London, Mexico City, and St. Louis have all gotten teams or are in talks.

3. Payton manning is the new GM of the saints. He took over for fired Micky loomis who was never able to capture the passion of the Brees/Payton Super Bowl win of 2018.

4. The construction of a new superdome is underway expected to be complete in 2027. After years of losing out of hosting a Super Bowl New Orleans finally decides to build a new stadium. The most notable loss of a super bowl being to London in 2024. The saints play the 2025-2026 seasons in tiger stadium.

So just a few fun fan fiction prophecies to start your day.

5. Concussions will drop by 99% as it will become flag football.

Hello,
With all the talk of the direction of the NFL I'm curious to see you guys thoughts. Where do you think the NFL will be in ten years?

Personally I see it like this.

1. The ratings have dropped and attendance is down. Although the NFL is making more money than ever offering a streaming experience that gives a 360 degree field view. Something similar to virtual reality with cameras mounted in players helmet.

2. Their are 4 more teams added to the league. Two international and two domestic. The raiders are now in Las Vegas, and chargers have moved to Oakland. San Antonio, London, Mexico City, and St. Louis have all gotten teams or are in talks.

3. Payton manning is the new GM of the saints. He took over for fired Micky loomis who was never able to capture the passion of the Brees/Payton Super Bowl win of 2018.

4. The construction of a new superdome is underway expected to be complete in 2027. After years of losing out of hosting a Super Bowl New Orleans finally decides to build a new stadium. The most notable loss of a super bowl being to London in 2024. The saints play the 2025-2026 seasons in tiger stadium.

So just a few fun fan fiction prophecies to start your day.

More PINK and not just on "special dates".

Flag instead of tackle.

Much more social issues - not only pregame but during the game.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Note: I am so thankful I got to watch NFL football from the 60s forward. (Technically, the 50s also, but I really don't remember too much of that!)

As the Saints win Superbowl after Superbowl, the rules committee changes rule after rule that had been in place for decades, trying to keep the Saints from winning. Drew remains unstoppable, and dwarfs records previously held by Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. The media still talks about Brady.

More like still talks about Rodgers.

I don't think I can support football much longer. I'm hanging it up with Brees.

Unfortunately, it will be more similar to the CFL! Flags all over the field and QB's will wear bright florescent colored non-contact jerseys. 😟

I'm sure the last game I saw the qbs still got hit and sacked! And I don't think there is anymore flags then the nfl

Still no full-time refs.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday games
Three bye weeks
Expanded playoffs to top two in each division and four wildcards
Regular season games in China
Mexico City Aztecs and London Spitfires each go 0-16.

More PINK and not just on "special dates".

Flag instead of tackle.

Much more social issues - not only pregame but during the game.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Fantasy.

Note: I am so thankful I got to watch NFL football from the 60s forward. (Technically, the 50s also, but I really don't remember too much of that!)

To add to my earlier post:

Teams will no longer be thought of in the traditional sense of "players belonging to a team" - each time period, each player will subject to be released, traded and/or bought by the 32 Fantasy Team owners.

Games will no longer be determined by the current point system on the field - winners will be declared based on the total amount of Fantasy Points accrued by the team.

Games will then be played Virtually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom