NFL acknowledges...privately...bad call on Saints; over last 3 years Saints opponents are LEAST PENALIZED (merged) (1 Viewer)

What makes me livid about that call was that it wasn't even a so called "bang bang" play. It was clearly a bad call and it clearly destroyed the little momentum the Saints had at that point. Sean Payton had every right to be upset and I knew that bad call would change the complexion of the game.

I know this changes nothing but finally it is becoming public that the saints are mistreated by far by the refs.

Something has to be done in order to “protect the shield”.

Hypocrites.

The charts and graphs showing big plays negated by penalty and 1st downs and points negated by penalty are even more outrageous, to the point of being completely unbelievable.

Yet those of us who call it out are conspiracy theory nuts.

One thing that always got me was that it's usually the team with less talent that commit fouls, trying to over-play or compensate. Our Saints have had one of the best and deepest roster for the past few years. Absolutely no reason we'd be out there compensating. A LOT of the rules in the NFL are ambiguous and grey and I fully believe that is intentional.

The fact that that grey area is so often used to cripple my team is infuriating and tragic. One of the all-time... ALL-TIME great players in the NFL was robbed many many times of a chance to make even more history and add to his legacy by this extreme bias. It's hateful to the point of being evil in my opinion.

Last edited:
Seriously, the NFL is one of the biggest, wealthiest and technologically advanced entities on the planet. There is literally NO reason why game-affecting calls like this should be up to a group of humans trying to watch every aspect of a fast-paced game at eye-level.

No one even needs to come up with a solution! We literally ALREADY HAVE the solution in place! We have ridiculously advanced replay technology with some of the best cameras on Earth already pointed at the field. Literally the ONLY reason this problem exists is because some rule says "no". It's patently absurd.

Seriously, the NFL is one of the biggest, wealthiest and technologically advanced entities on the planet. There is literally NO reason why game-affecting calls like this should be up to a group of humans trying to watch every aspect of a fast-paced game at eye-level.

No one even needs to come up with a solution! We literally ALREADY HAVE the solution in place! We have ridiculously advanced replay technology with some of the best cameras on Earth already pointed at the field. Literally the ONLY reason this problem exists is because some rule says "no". It's patently absurd.
It’ll never happen. We tried with the PI rule and NFL FANS were acting like football purists saying “it’s taking away from the game”, “human error is a part of sports,” “the Saints whine too much so I hate this rule”. Not the NFL, but the FANS. Group think took over and the media started ragging on the rule change too and the NFL sat back, laughed, and killed the rule the next season.

The NFL doesn’t care because they know they have fans by the ba…

The same fans and media who complain weekly about referee incompetence would be the same ones complaining about adding more replay to the game if the NFL ever said “Fine. We’ll do it.” The PI rule change taught me everything I needed to know about this league and it’s audience. So sadly I accept it now. I accept I watch a flawed league and that fans will allow it and even enable it (until it hurts their team). It sucks but it’s also made watching the game a lot less stressful at least.

My friend , you have touched on something that is very factual and not opinionated that is extremely disturbing. We have the technology now at this moment to ensure a fair officiated game. Calls or no calls like the Ram's game can be almost immediately rectified and quality officiating can be achieved for all games. Now we get to the why not and that is where the NFL is dropping the ball. The current system of just standing by horrendous calls and sending teams an apology letter is atrocious

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom