NFL acknowledges...privately...bad call on Saints; over last 3 years Saints opponents are LEAST PENALIZED (merged) (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif
You HATE your parents? WOW….you really need some help, if you put your hate for something so superficial and as meaningless as the NFL, at the same level of hate for your parents, no less.

I say it's time for some good ole fashioned civil disobedience...garbage call like that happens, storm the field and don't leave the field until its overturned. NOPD isn't going to stop you, they're going to be P'Oed about the call too.

/justkidding...kinda.

Point is none of this is going to change until the fans hit them where it hurts....their wallets.

Owners have lockouts, refs/players have strikes, us fans we have............

Seriously, the NFL is one of the biggest, wealthiest and technologically advanced entities on the planet. There is literally NO reason why game-affecting calls like this should be up to a group of humans trying to watch every aspect of a fast-paced game at eye-level.

No one even needs to come up with a solution! We literally ALREADY HAVE the solution in place! We have ridiculously advanced replay technology with some of the best cameras on Earth already pointed at the field. Literally the ONLY reason this problem exists is because some rule says "no". It's patently absurd.
They already dumped the PI rule where it could be reversed through a coach’s challenge, because as they said, basically. “There were not enough reversals, to continue with it and the wasted time”. So they are not going to change the rules to reverse/change an obvious penalty. It will admit guilt on officials. That is the worst thing for the league to have to do. With the current rules, it is simply easier for the league to admit human error and it is not a perfect system, but it is the best system and has been working for a hundred years.

It’s no secret that Goodell (who is the face of the NFL) hates SP.
I have always said, since Tom Benson snubbed his nose at Goodell for refusing to fire Payton, and instead had to accept Goodell’s one year suspension of Payton, that as long as Payton was still the head coach of the Saints, the Saints would NEVER reach the Super Bowl again.

You HATE your parents? WOW….you really need some help, if you put your hate for something so superficial and as meaningless as the NFL, at the same level of hate for your parents, no less.

I'm not sure if my humor went over your head or if yours is going over mine. 🤔

What’s really crazy is that after each of the most obviously horrible incorrect calls, there isn’t even a discussion like it often is with other teams. It’s just on to the next while Payton is rightly chewing the officials out. Absurd.

The NFL wants to have LOTS of subjective penalties that could be called at any point in a game. That gives them the opportunity to control/manipulate the game as they see fit. That's why none of these officiating suggestions will ever see the light of day. College football has it right.

The NFL wants to have LOTS of subjective penalties that could be called at any point in a game. That gives them the opportunity to control/manipulate the game as they see fit. That's why none of these officiating suggestions will ever see the light of day. College football has it right.

Agree on college football especially the way the officials have options with regards to targeting, and the PI they do exactly right. I get angry every time a team is rewarded with a 50+ yard penalty on a poorly thrown ball, it happens way too often.

I'm also a lot closer to believing above than I ever have been before...

Agree on college football especially the way the officials have options with regards to targeting, and the PI they do exactly right. I get angry every time a team is rewarded with a 50+ yard penalty on a poorly thrown ball, it happens way too often.

I'm also a lot closer to believing above than I ever have been before...
Yep and who has benefited more on long incomplete passes (esp on 3rd down) followed up by a bogus PI call? The Saints or their opponents? Therefore I am all for a set 15 yard penalty on those calls.

Yep and who has benefited more on long incomplete passes (esp on 3rd down) followed up by a bogus PI call? The Saints or their opponents? Therefore I am all for a set 15 yard penalty on those calls.
Gotta throw deep to get the penalty. We weren't so we didn't get those calls.

But yes overall, we've been getting bent with the garbage calls...even when we had replacement refs we were getting screwed, for some "odd reason" we keep getting hosed by tricky tack defensive holding calls on 3rd and forever, weak holding penalties, horrendous roughing the passer calls and now apparently blindside blocks.

It all goes back to Bountygate.
I agree with Andrew Juge, who stated that it really goes back to the massive no-call that cost the Saints a trip to the Super Bowl.
Payton was livid and called out the officiating (well deserved), and was even able to get a rule put in place where PI could be challenged.
The refs got super butt-hurt about that, and subsequently reversed a very low percentage of PI challenges during the “trial period” the next season…

The Saints have been getting the short-end of the officiating stick ever since.

If there wasn’t statistical proof of it, you’d likely not believe it… but it’s true.

It’s not just the number of the penalties but also the timing. How many times have we seen the Saints generate momentum only to have a bogus holding call negate a big gain, or a 3rd and long penalty on the Saints extend another team’s drive?

Bull****.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom