NFL AM says Namdi in N.O perfect fit (1 Viewer)

My guess is Lewis is the Saints' first choice with Nnamdi being a backup plan if Lewis' demands get too high.

I listened and after the Nnamdi talk, they began to trash us for keeping Vilma. They said that they don't see him fitting into the 3-4 scheme, and that's exactly why the Jets let him go. This board has been singing the same tune all along.

I listened and after the Nnamdi talk, they began to trash us for keeping Vilma. They said that they don't see him fitting into the 3-4 scheme, and that's exactly why the Jets let him go. This board has been singing the same tune all along.

He certainly fit Gregg Williams' 3-4 alignments.

People that make blanket statements like that don't understand the difference between a 1-gap and 2-gap 3-4 alignments. What the Saints will be asking Vilma to do is nothing like what the Jets were asking him to do in their 3-4.

People that make blanket statements like that don't understand the difference between a 1-gap and 2-gap 3-4 alignments. What the Saints will be asking Vilma to do is nothing like what the Jets were asking him to do in their 3-4.

Don't get me wrong...I hope they got this one all wrong.

I want Lewis, Namdi, Ware, JJ, Von, and they can throw in Revis as a bonus. Dang ol cap!

Revis would be good too, right???

Sadly we're in the salary cap era and one $5-6m a year contract is about all we can afford.

It'll be Nnamdi or Keenan, not both.

With Loomis, he can make it to where we can afford both Nnamdi & Lewis. Lewis' contract will probably be 4yrs. 20 Mill., 5 Mill per yr. Nnamdi id still owed money from Philly, so he won't demand a big contract, probably 2yr. 5 mill. we can afford that and still sign another FA.

We need defensive play makers/difference makers in any defensive position possible. Just a couple of those and a couple of solid upgrades and we're winning 12+ games. I know, I know...water is wet.

Rumored interest may also just be leverage for negotiations with Lewis since he is in the building and Cox signed elsewhere.

Lewis wants $5M a year, says Triplett on Twitter.

I wonder what the holdup is with Lewis' contract.

And, of course, as soon as I post this, the Schefter tweet goes up. Nevermind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom