NFL and NFLPA To Meet and Talk Terms Monday (1 Viewer)

I have a friend who is Assistant General Counsel for an MLB organization. He's in the loop with other GCs in the NFL. He told me that he's hearing from a few that they (the clubs at least) are planning on trying to have as normal of a process as possible . . . most of their focus has been on whether to have fans (no fans, a few fans, etc.). But at this point, they aren't planning on a significantly shortened season or not having camp at all.

This is just quasi-inside info based on a few conversations, it's not necessarily reliable as to the whole league. But he was surprised to hear that they weren't (yet) planning on significant schedule changes.

But of course, the situation remains fluid - and getting worse by the day. And the viewpoint he conveyed does not factor in what the PA is going to ask for.

If players are going to get tested this frequently in a country that's (largely) already unable to meet it's testing demand, this is going to take a lot of tests away from regular people who want to get tested in NFL cities.

All the more reason this season shouldn't happen at all.

If players are going to get tested this frequently in a country that's (largely) already unable to meet it's testing demand, this is going to take a lot of tests away from regular people who want to get tested in NFL cities.

All the more reason this season shouldn't happen at all.

There's tests... if you want to pay for it. There's not unlimited FREE tests.

It sounds like both sides want football to be played, so that is Good.

I can see why the owners want one preseason game; if daily testing is the concession they have to make, it is a small price.

Virus out of control all over the country during when it was suppose to die down....just no way a season happens in September. I hate it, but it’s reality.

People going on vacation, partying it up at bar rooms and not following proper guidelines was more important than football. Yeah it ticks me off how careless people can be these days. No turning back now . We just going to have to grin and bare it. I do hope we have some football. Even if they are in empty stadiums. We are just have to accept the situation we are in now.

People going on vacation, partying it up at bar rooms and not following proper guidelines was more important than football. Yeah it ticks me off how careless people can be these days. No turning back now . We just going to have to grin and bare it. I do hope we have some football. Even if they are in empty stadiums. We are just have to accept the situation we are in now.

I hear ya man. Unfortunately this has become a highly politicized topic instead of health topic. I hate wearing a face mask as the next person but the way i see it, no mask, no football

I think testing every day is a bit redundant honestly, but if the fight is really over it just being every other day instead than it's a stupid hill to die on for the league. I don't particularly care about the pre-season being played. I do think it helps the guys gel in actual game experience but more and more the veteran players league-wide are playing even less than they used to in pre-season. It really hurts the guys on the fringes of the roster more than anything. I think a decent compromise would be every day testing, and 1 pre-season game. If I was a coach I'd probably want a joint practice with another team more this off-season than ever because of the lack of a real pre-season but I don't think that has anything to do with the league as a collective.

I think testing every day is a bit redundant honestly, but if the fight is really over it just being every other day instead than it's a stupid hill to die on for the league. I don't particularly care about the pre-season being played. I do think it helps the guys gel in actual game experience but more and more the veteran players league-wide are playing even less than they used to in pre-season. It really hurts the guys on the fringes of the roster more than anything. I think a decent compromise would be every day testing, and 1 pre-season game. If I was a coach I'd probably want a joint practice with another team more this off-season than ever because of the lack of a real pre-season but I don't think that has anything to do with the league as a collective.
I think the League will give testing every day, 1 preseason game, and a reduced season to 8-10 games.

Players want tests everyday with no preseason and the League wants tests every other day with two preseason games.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29445604/sources-nfl-nflpa-expected-meet-monday-return-terms

Thanks Jack!

Is there another way of testing besides sticking the 3-foot swab thru your nose and into your brain - lol. Serious though, I had it done twice. It's freakin uncomfortable. I don't think players will want that for 160 consecutive days. But then again for a minimum $465,000 per year, I'd probably do it too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom