NFL and NFLPA To Meet and Talk Terms Monday (1 Viewer)

I just can't see how the league can divert precious medical resources away from the general population in the current environment.

I just can't see how the league can divert precious medical resources away from the general population in the current environment.
It's about quality of life v. quantity of life. Sure we could shut down football (and schools, restaurants, etc.) and save a small quantity of life. But that would involve a drastic reduction in quality of life.

It's about quality of life v. quantity of life. Sure we could shut down football (and schools, restaurants, etc.) and save a small quantity of life. But that would involve a drastic reduction in quality of life.
? Have you read the covid-19 thread on the EE board? We are in really bad shape.

Would you let the NFL control your health?

On that note sounds like the NBA bubble sprung a leak.

I agree that the league should pay players who test positive with COVID once the season begins. However, not sure why they think that the NFL should not lower the cap if revenues go down. They do not want to escrow salary to cover losses AND do not want the cap lowered if it happens. They can't have it both ways.

I agree. I always hate to have to pay for the two preseason games to get the season ticket package. The product is not the same a a regular season game but costs the same.

But just move the season to a February start. COVID will abate rapidly after early November and training camps can happen then.

Not a terrible idea, but the biggest roadblock there is that now you also have to alter your 2021 schedule drastically, as your season would be wrapping up pretty much right when training camp should be commencing for the next season.

Also, putting on Super Bowls is no easy feat, and takes years of planning for both the league and the cities, and that’ll be effected too for two straight years.

I agree that the league should pay players who test positive with COVID once the season begins. However, not sure why they think that the NFL should not lower the cap if revenues go down. They do not want to escrow salary to cover losses AND do not want the cap lowered if it happens. They can't have it both ways.

Thats a big liability considering there will be no way to definitively prove that the player got the virus because of football, unless they agree to live in a very regulated bubble for 4 to 5 months (doubtful).

Virus out of control all over the country during when it was suppose to die down....just no way a season happens in September. I hate it, but it’s reality.
Its not out of control. But im with you, on the season not happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom