NFL and NFLPA To Meet and Talk Terms Monday (1 Viewer)

There's tests... if you want to pay for it. There's not unlimited FREE tests.
Mine cost $225 plus a $90 doctor's appt to get a lab referral. That's for 3 to 7 day results.
I'm sure the league will want rapid tests. None were available anywhere I looked. Good
thing too. The offshore oil company I work for doesn't accept rapid tests.

As far as taking up tests and labs that could be used for non-football... I think there's plenty
of tests now, and each team either already has or will fund and make their own labs. They
already have the medical staff. And with the rapid tests, I don't believe you have to have labs.
I could be wrong of course. Just my thoghts.

Mine cost $225 plus a $90 doctor's appt to get a lab referral. That's for 3 to 7 day results.
I'm sure the league will want rapid tests. None were available anywhere I looked. Good

As far as taking up tests and labs that could be used for non-football... I think there's plenty
of tests now, and each team either already has or will fund and make their own labs. They
already have the medical staff. And with the rapid tests, I don't believe you have to have labs.
Insurance companies not picking up majority of cost? Do you have insurance?

Insurance companies not picking up majority of cost? Do you have insurance?
I don't know yet if my insurance will cover it. I have a high deductible policy, where insurance doesn't cover much if anything until I max it out. The lab my doctor sent me to was doing curb-side drive up. That lab already had my insurance information, so when I pulled up, they swabbed me and sent me on my way. In the past with that lab, doing blood work, I've received a bill later. The one piece of paper I signed this time, said that I would pay $225 if my insurance doesn't pay it. So I guess we will see.

NOBODY wants preseason games, and that’s in a normal year

I agree. I always hate to have to pay for the two preseason games to get the season ticket package. The product is not the same a a regular season game but costs the same.

But just move the season to a February start. COVID will abate rapidly after early November and training camps can happen then.

It's a copay at urgent care to get a rapid result in 30 minutes. I assume you don't have health insurance.

FYI This Week’s Community Testing

I believe this is a free or low cost for anyone uninsured or underinsured, but you can call Ochsner first to make sure.

OCHSNER COMMUNITY TESTING
Monday, July 13 4 p.m.- 7 p.m.
Celebration Church-Kenner Campus
3550 Williams Blvd. Kenner, LA 70065

Tuesday, July 14 4p.m.–7p.m.

Friday, July 17 9a.m.–3p.m.
Consulate of Mexico
901 Convention Center Blvd #118 New Orleans, LA 70130

Attachments

• 0E22F436-ACBA-4D47-9C4D-E76BD9ED37CC.jpeg
    0E22F436-ACBA-4D47-9C4D-E76BD9ED37CC.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 0
FYI This Week’s Community Testing

I believe this is a free or low cost for anyone uninsured or underinsured, but you can call Ochsner first to make sure.

OCHSNER COMMUNITY TESTING
Monday, July 13 4 p.m.- 7 p.m.

Tuesday, July 14 4p.m.–7p.m.

Friday, July 17 9a.m.–3p.m.
Consulate of Mexico
901 Convention Center Blvd #118 New Orleans, LA 70130
I know the City of New Orleans and Jefferson Parish had no cost tests but they were running out each day. As a matter of fact I think you sat in your car.

I don't know yet if my insurance will cover it. I have a high deductible policy, where insurance doesn't cover much if anything until I max it out. The lab my doctor sent me to was doing curb-side drive up. That lab already had my insurance information, so when I pulled up, they swabbed me and sent me on my way. In the past with that lab, doing blood work, I've received a bill later. The one piece of paper I signed this time, said that I would pay $225 if my insurance doesn't pay it. So I guess we will see.

That is outrageous and one of the primary reasons we in the US are aflame in new viruses. In San Antonio and Austin areas, we are reaching overload levels. Neither the government nor insurance companies will pay for tests? Are you freakin kidding me? We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world and it's ranked as only the 18th best. That is criminal. How many hundreds of thousands of people feel like crap but can't afford to check into the ER for testing and treatment while spreading the virus? A lot of our US policies on healthcare have been exposed by the virus. This is ugly!

That is outrageous and one of the primary reasons we in the US are aflame in new viruses. In San Antonio and Austin areas, we are reaching overload levels. Neither the government nor insurance companies will pay for tests? Are you freakin kidding me? We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world and it's ranked as only the 18th best. That is criminal. How many hundreds of thousands of people feel like crap but can't afford to check into the ER for testing and treatment while spreading the virus? A lot of our US policies on healthcare have been exposed by the virus. This is ugly!

Swim, I can very easily pay for the tests if my insurance doesn't cover it. Even though I will need at least 3 tests before I can return to work, if the one I took last week comes back positive. (which I'm pretty sure it will since I ran high fever for 8 days straight and have what appears to be a medium case of all the other symptoms) I will need 2 negatives to clear me to return to work. I have family members who are still getting positive tests a month after their first test and 2 or more weeks after they stopped having symptoms. That's odd and worrisome to me.

From what I understand talking to people around here, there are plenty of places you can get the test for free if needed. I don't know that for sure, but I've heard it a lot. As for treatment, from what I understand, if you aren't one of the very small percent that has to be hospitalized, there really isn't any treatment necessary except OTC meds to ease the symptoms.

As for the NFL teams, I'm sure they would buy the test kits in huge bulk, so the average cost per kit would be almost nothing, not that they couldn't afford it regardless. Also, speaking with a doctor friend of mine, he believes that pro-sports players will likely receive immuno-boosts (wasn't specific). Myers cocktails maybe? Even though some players (OL / DL) are what most people would consider over-weight, those guys are in better shape than almost anybody. That little slab around their mid-section is there on purpose. Covid doesn't attack fat cells. A person's immune system seems to be the most important thing. I would be more worried for many older and less healthy coaches and training staff. And no joke here, the Refs.

Swim, I can very easily pay for the tests if my insurance doesn't cover it. Even though I will need at least 3 tests before I can return to work, if the one I took last week comes back positive.

Theres a difference between you being able to pay for it and it being right that you have to pay for it when we pay more in health insurance than other place in the world and insurance companies make insane profits. It's like our populace WANT to give their money to billionaires so they can become even more rich. Half of us certainly promote agendas that do.

I agree. I always hate to have to pay for the two preseason games to get the season ticket package. The product is not the same a a regular season game but costs the same.

But just move the season to a February start. COVID will abate rapidly after early November and training camps can happen then.

I still find this whole line of thinking totally idiotic. It was idiotic in March and it’s idiotic now. And it’s going to be even more idiotic in December.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom