Nfl announces 32 compensatory draft choices to 16 clubs (1 Viewer)

We never seem to get any, it's all GODdell's fault.

49ers got 4 too

That gives the 49ers 17 draft picks in this coming draft. What is the most draft picks by one team in a single draft ever? LOL

Surely they wont use all 17 of them. They'll be active in trades i'd imagine.

"Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula."

This sentence right here takes care of us... Our free agents will NEVER be covered by this formula.....

I don't think we've ever gotten one.

The whole system of comp picks should be scrapped, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets picks (except the rule seems to be that the saints never get any)

I have never understood why teams need to be compensated for not signing there key players. It is rewarding team for letting their players walk while teams like the Saints pay their performers and get penalized. It is not a good system.

The Saints only lost two big-time free agents last season: Meachem and Nicks. Neither had significant playing time and neither received any post-season awards. They both made lots of money, but that is only one part of the equation that determines compensation.

THEREFORE, THE SAINTS DID NOT RECEIVE ANY COMPENSATORY PICKS.

There isn't any scandel here folks.

Next year, if Bushrod gets significant playing time and offseason awards, that will work in the Saints favor in gaining comp picks. But then again, they have already signed Keenan Lewis, and probably aren't done yet with free agency. If the Saints sign Lewis and Asomugha...they will NOT receive any comp picks. You have to lose more than you gain to get comp picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom