NFL announces first week Primetime schedule only (1 Viewer)

jimrip

Bring the Wood!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"For the fifth consecutive season, the defending Super Bowl champion will open the season by hosting the NFL Thursday night season kickoff. The 2008 regular season officially opens on Thursday, Sept. 4 when the New York Giants host the Washington Redskins at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.

The Week 1 Sunday night primetime contest will feature a rematch of of Super Bowl XLI, with the Chicago Bears at the Indianapolis Colts at 8:15 p.m. ET. It will mark the Colts' first game in their new home, Lucas Oil Stadium.

The first Monday night of the 2008 season will feature a doubleheader for the third consecutive season. In two matchups of division rivals on Sept. 8, the Green Bay Packers will host the Minnesota Vikings at 7 p.m. ET, followed by the Denver Broncos at the Oakland Raiders at 10:15 p.m. ET. Both games will be televised on ESPN."

615saint

I add nothing
Reaction score
Is this the third year in a row that the Raiders have been opening night on MNF?

I understand some of the reason why they are an easy choice for the late game, but there are a bunch of other teams out on the left coast that don't suck half as much as the Raiders do.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Unlike previous seasons, I am actually excited to see what the Raiders have to offer after this spending spree of theirs.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"For the fifth consecutive season, the defending Super Bowl champion will open the season by hosting the NFL Thursday night season kickoff. The 2008 regular season officially opens on Thursday, Sept. 4 when the New York Giants host the Washington Redskins at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.

The Week 1 Sunday night primetime contest will feature a rematch of of Super Bowl XLI, with the Chicago Bears at the Indianapolis Colts at 8:15 p.m. ET. It will mark the Colts' first game in their new home, Lucas Oil Stadium.

The first Monday night of the 2008 season will feature a doubleheader for the third consecutive season. In two matchups of division rivals on Sept. 8, the Green Bay Packers will host the Minnesota Vikings at 7 p.m. ET, followed by the Denver Broncos at the Oakland Raiders at 10:15 p.m. ET. Both games will be televised on ESPN."

Then the Saints opener will either be a division opponent, Detroit, Kansas City or San Francisco.

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
Our chances of a home opener just went down by another 1.

Already lost a chance with the San Diego game....only 6 possible games left @ home to open the season with. I don't like our odds.

daybreaker

STH since 2006
Reaction score
Our chances of a home opener just went down by another 1.

Already lost a chance with the San Diego game....only 6 possible games left @ home to open the season with. I don't like our odds.

lets just hope we dont get 2 away games, and then a home "opener" in London for week 3

saint hdawg

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Unlike previous seasons, I am actually excited to see what the Raiders have to offer after this spending spree of theirs.

I am as well, like to see what Russell can do with this revamped offense. Well, not really revamped, but like to see how the overall team will do. Of course, I will be cheering on my Saints to the Super Bowl :ezbill:

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
[I understand some of the reason why they are an easy choice for the late game, QUOTE]

Yea, because people need to go to bed for work the next day, and as it's the Raiders, we can all go to bed rather than watch a crappy team.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the best they could come up with for opening MNF? That is terrible.

BnGfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
In regards to the Monday Night opening games, I believe there is interest in both games because of such promising talent. This is true especially with teams that will possibly have new starting quarterbacks (Oakland, Green Bay). Also, in my opinion, I have found, that even with the possibility of worst of teams playing each other, if those teams are in the the same division, it is usually a very hard fought match-up by both teams.

Priest

Stand Up - Get Crunk
Reaction score
It's not that bad... it'll be the first time you see the Packers without Brett Farve. That'll be a huge story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread