NFL being like WWE in that officials controls games? (1 Viewer)

Don't push this theory too hard. We got a lot of good calls to win the storybook 2009 NFCCG.

Fellow Saints' fan brother (or sister), if you don't see how this actually proves what we are saying, I don't know what else to tell you!

Interesting nugget about Seattle game. Hochuli will be the referee Sunday and since 2006, Seattle is 10-3 with him as the lead referee including the Monday night win against us in 2013. I noticed a similar trend with john parry and the Niners. We lost in playoffs and following season with Parry as led referee against Niners. Coincidence? Who knows. I'd feel better if Hochuli wasn't doing the game.

Welcome to being enlightened.

If you bet football, you'll never look at the NFL the same again once you start to see things through that lens. Once your eyes are open, you can never go back. It sucks knowing with 75% or so confidence before a Saints game whether we'll win or lose. But it is what it is. I made a thread before our last Falcons game breaking down the line movement and why Falcons +3.5 was being telegraphed. Got about 50 red-thumbs, but what happened? Falcons covered easily.

If I did not bet, I would not watch the NFL anymore. The product itself sucks now, mainly because of the officiating and over-saturation.

Some might ask "well, if they are influencing games, why would you bet on it!?" I bet on games precisely because they influence games. It's the only way you can really make money. You just learn to know what to look for in regards to lines, movement, and trends. If the games were just straight-up/matchup related, I wouldn't bet because it would make it much tougher.

The level to which you believe the NFL is corrupt may vary. Some just think they want to keep games close (how anyone could deny that I don't know). Some think they just influence certain games. Some believe in larger conspiracies.

Regardless, it's nice to see most at least are waking up to the fact that something is going on.

And there are multiple angles at play here. Gambling, ratings, and favoritism with the larger fanbases (which again ties in with ratings). You think the NFL doesn't want the biggest, most popular teams to succeed? Too much money at stake to have low-ratings fanbases have long term success. Fandom isn't really that fluid and the NFL isn't adding new viewers. People just stop watching if their team sucks. So they've gotta maximize the existing largest fan-bases to keep that ridiculous "25 billion in revenue" promise Goodell made.

This is a salary cap league, which should be a level paying field, yet almost all the big fanbases never stay bad for long while the smaller market teams rarely sustain success. Funny how that works. Funny how when Vegas needs a game to pay, they almost always seem to get it. Some will continue to stick their heads in the sand though.

Having said that, if he was going to get flagged, Fairley should have done a lot better job body slamming the guy.

For real. It was almost like Fairley was thinking, "Dude, the play is 20 yards on the other side of the field. Disengage this block." Ware didn't, Fairley went to fling him off and in mid-fling realized he's 10x's stronger than Ware and would literally crack him in half (and be penalized and fined) if he went through with the takedown so he let up and actually held him up from being slammed into the ground.

Welcome to being enlightened.

If you bet football, you'll never look at the NFL the same again once you start to see things through that lens. Once your eyes are open, you can never go back. It sucks knowing with 75% or so confidence before a Saints game whether we'll win or lose. But it is what it is. I made a thread before our last Falcons game breaking down the line movement and why Falcons +3.5 was being telegraphed. Got about 50 red-thumbs, but what happened? Falcons covered easily.

If I did not bet, I would not watch the NFL anymore. The product itself sucks now, mainly because of the officiating and over-saturation.

Some might ask "well, if they are influencing games, why would you bet on it!?" I bet on games precisely because they influence games. It's the only way you can really make money. You just learn to know what to look for in regards to lines, movement, and trends. If the games were just straight-up/matchup related, I wouldn't bet because it would make it much tougher.

The level to which you believe the NFL is corrupt may vary. Some just think they want to keep games close (how anyone could deny that I don't know). Some think they just influence certain games. Some believe in larger conspiracies.

Either way, what's refreshing is that it seems like most at least are waking up to the fact that something is going on.

And there are multiple angles at play here. Gambling, ratings, and favoritism with the larger fanbases. This is a salary cap league, which should be a level paying field, yet almost all the big fanbases never stay bad for long while the smaller market teams rarely sustain success. Funny how that works. Funny how when Vegas needs a game to pay, they almost always seem to get it. Some will continue to stick their heads in the sand though.

I was chatting with my brother and he said there is an article regarding a study that basically said it only takes 4-5 calls to greatly influence the outcome of a sporting event. These calls may not be blatantly bias calls. They are often the 50/50 calls that are in favor of one team over another. Against the Chiefs, we kept getting drive killing calls against us and they had very little calls against them. On one of our penalties, the flag was throw AFTER we picked up the first down. It was pretty bad.

I tried to find the article, but it is tough to pinpoint the criteria in a google search. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

It's scary that so many people think the NFL is rigged.

Our politics has poisoned our minds.

We don't believe anything anymore.

Are your eyes and ears deceiving you? You are watching the same games but you won't allow your mind to comprehend what you see on the field. You can't be that naive to think every game is played straight and there is no tampering.

I was chatting with my brother and he said there is an article regarding a study that basically said it only takes 4-5 calls to greatly influence the outcome of a sporting event. These calls may not be blatantly bias calls. They are often the 50/50 calls that are in favor of one team over another. Against the Chiefs, we kept getting drive killing calls against us and they had very little calls against them. On one of our penalties, the flag was throw AFTER we picked up the first down. It was pretty bad.

I tried to find the article, but it is tough to pinpoint the criteria in a google search. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

The refs can help but they can't do it alone. They can stall a drive or allow one to continue but that doesn't control the entire game. You have to have to someone not wearing a striped shirt in on it. You don't need nearly the amount of people in on a fix that some would have you believe.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they can never be proved or disproved. Conspiracy theories evolve because the facts don't agree with certain folks belief system. I will leave with one thought regarding all this. If the system is rigged, how come, with all the information media out there, not one NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL person has ever stepped up to avow such a rigged sports system? Do the research and prove me wrong.

The refs can help but they can't do it alone. They can stall a drive or allow one to continue but that doesn't control the entire game. You have to have to someone not wearing a striped shirt in on it. You don't need nearly the amount of people in on a fix that some would have you believe.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they can never be proved or disproved. Conspiracy theories evolve because the facts don't agree with certain folks belief system. I will leave with one thought regarding all this. If the system is rigged, how come, with all the information media out there, not one NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL person has ever stepped up to avow such a rigged sports system? Do the research and prove me wrong.

Surviving Saint answered your question before you even posed it.

"You don't need nearly the amount of people in on a fix that some would have you believe"

One official per crew would be plenty. For instance, the Back Judge who can see and call a defensive secondary penalty on virtually every play. All he has to do is make small 50/50 calls on critical downs.

Other people already have done the research, it's out there, you simply have to search and read with an open mind.

Surviving Saint answered your question before you even posed it.

"You don't need nearly the amount of people in on a fix that some would have you believe"

One official per crew would be plenty. For instance, the Back Judge who can see and call a defensive secondary penalty on virtually every play. All he has to do is make small 50/50 calls on critical downs.

Other people already have done the research, it's out there, you simply have to search and read with an open mind.

There is no proof here just speculation. Find this so called research. How can you be believed if all you put forth is opinion?

Not really. I haven't watched the last two Saints games. I have them on DVR and still haven't watched them. Decided to go play Golf last Sunday. Sunday before that I was on a flight. This is coming from someone that has spent the last 10 years watching the redzone channel on one tv and the Saints game on the other.

It's just not the same.

Threads like these used to get red thumbed and one starred to death. Now, not a red thumb to be found and 5 stars. There is little doubt the games are being over officiated and money is the best player in the league.
All this, the state of the league, the overall declining quality of the product and the poor officiating etc. is definitely the big factor. It's never been as exciting or interesting to me since so clearly getting scapegoated by Goodell with the "Bounty" gate thing. Feels like yet another corrupted American institution and has lefta lingering bad taste.

But for me some of it has become Saints specific too. The Saints product, brand, style of football is also stale and has sapped my enthusiasm. We are in a years' long period now of Groundhog day where we are a one dimensional team driven by QB play and can only win games that way.

We rely on the perfect offensive game plan and near perfect execution to compensate for historically bad defense and general disarray on that side of the ball, and for lack of consistent positive impacts of contributions from special teams -- 2 out of 3 phases of the game. Games play out similarly almost every week and you have this lingering feeling that if the offense has a lull or fails to score on even one drive, the outcome of the game is at risk. It's so become predictable now it's just not much fun to watch even seeing the amazing level the QB is capable of playing at.

So, it's a double whammy of the game overall and how this team is built that has this particular fan in a funk.

HOME - The Fix Is In

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f63/nfl-rigged-334866/#.WBDhX9UrKig

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_collusion

Eight Sports Conspiracies That Prove Professional Sports Are Fixed | Bleacher Report

Steriods in baseball

Tim Donaghy

Litterally hundreds, if not more, examples. From EVERY sport, in every major country, professional and amateur, and by every level of participant, from league corruption to owner to ref to player to coach to equipment manager. Before, during, and after games. Offseason cheating. Recruiting cheating. All of it done to influence games that we are led to believe are on the up-and-up.

Look man, all we are saying is that it happens. It happens, we hear about it, and we go back to believing that there is NO WAY it happens to the sport or team that we watch. But how silly is it to believe that, when we see it happen over and over and over again.

"It only happens to them, my team/sport/school doesn't do that!"

Sounds a lot like the blind fanbases of 31 other NFL teams who all had bounty programs just like our Saints, doesn't it?

All this, the state of the league, the overall declining quality of the product and the poor officiating etc. is definitely the big factor. It's never been as exciting or interesting to me since so clearly getting scapegoated by Goodell with the "Bounty" gate thing. Feels like yet another corrupted American institution and has lefta lingering bad taste.

BountyGate was all the proof I needed that this whole thing was rotten. I lost a lot of my football fandom in 2012.

I could look past the Saints' issues and even the NFL product issues, but not the corruption.

Heck, I even found myself sarcastically snarking at the TV at the end of the Chiefs game last week. 5 years ago, I would have been yelling, pacing, screaming, & jumping.

I now simply sit, slightly slumped, and sarcastically snark at the sinister shenanigans that are sloppily submitted for our sucking up.

BountyGate was all the proof I needed that this whole thing was rotten. I lost a lot of my football fandom in 2012.

I could look past the Saints' issues and even the NFL product issues, but not the corruption.

Heck, I even found myself sarcastically snarking at the TV at the end of the Chiefs game last week. 5 years ago, I would have been yelling, pacing, screaming, & jumping.

I now simply sit, slightly slumped, and sarcastically snark at the sinister shenanigans that are sloppily submitted for our sucking up.

same for me. i've watched the saints since i was 11 or 12, my mom was watching so i started. about 2002 i really started liking it, once i no longer had to work weekends i REALLY got into football. driving my wife crazy watching it saturday all day, sunday all day and monday night game. 2009 was an insane high as a saints fan. nothing could go wrong. down 21 @ miami? no problem. down 10 in washington? no problem. tied game, with vikings in FG range? no problem.

2010 injuries plagued us. but i was still riding that 2009 super bowl high.
2011 was the best year statistically for our offense (any for that matter)
then 2012 bounty gate happened. 2013 i figured it was "the revenge year" for payton. saints did ok. 2014/2015 locker room drama, stopped caring so much about football.

2016, i dont go rush to the tv to watch any football (college or pro), thurs/sat/sun/mon. mightve sat thru 3 or 4 college games all season. watched all the saints games, but not emotionally involved. used to yell/scream/holler. now its "oh good, touchdown" or "man that was a good play" but thats it. or once theres a good defensive play, just sit and wait for a flag.

i'll still watch the saints game strictly because its the saints and i've invested too much time and money into them to just say "nah". but as far as getting mad for 2 days if they lost. thats gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom