NFL bold predictions: Here's why the New Orleans Saints will win the NFC in 2018 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1535063606216.png

The Saints have the best chance to emerge out of a very crowded NFC field

By Sean Wagner-McGough

The New Orleans Saints have the gameplan to bring down the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles. That's not just a figure of speech or a bold prediction. Saints coach Sean Payton actually has a gameplan for the Eagles. He drew it up in the aftermath of the Saints' devastating walk-off loss to the Vikings -- appropriately dubbed the Minneapolis Miracle -- even though his season was over and it was the Vikings who were advancing on to Philadelphia, where they would get absolutely pummeled.

Payton just couldn't help himself.

"You get over the tough loss. Everyone has different ways to do it. We came back after that game, we met, we began a procedure of evaluations," Payton told Pro Football Talk in the offseason. "And look, on Wednesday and Thursday, we had the Philly cut-ups. I gameplanned Philly like we were going to play them. Because I wasn't ready to stop game-planning. So, like an imaginary 'let's pretend that didn't happen.' It was just my way of dealing with it, I guess."

Full Story - CBS Sports

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom