NFL Calendar 08 - Important Dates (1 Viewer)

fahad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
NFL Calendar 08 - Important Dates

February 22: Deadline for NFL teams to designate franchise and transition players

February 20-26: NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis

March 1: NFL teams must be under salary cap

February 28 9 P.M: NFL trading and veteran free agent signing periods begin

March 30-April 3: NFL Winter meeting

April 15: NFL restricted free agent signing period ends

April 26-27: NFL Draft, New York

May 19-21: NFL Spring meeting

June 1: Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of season if player is not signed by another club by July 22; Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights.

June 15: Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting tender of 110 percent of previous year's salary.

Great timing! I was looking for that date list on the NFL.com site and couldn't find it. Might want to sticky this one until at least the draft. :)

I think this is wrong.

Feb. 28th - Deadline for teams to tender qualifiing offers to their restricted free agents whose contract have expired and to whom they wish to retain right of first refusal and/or compensation..

Feb. 29 - Beginning of free agency and trading periord (12:01 am est.).

i think you are correct

I think this is wrong.

Feb. 28th - Deadline for teams to tender qualifiing offers to their restricted free agents whose contract have expired and to whom they wish to retain right of first refusal and/or compensation..

Feb. 29 - Beginning of free agency and trading periord (12:01 am est.).

i think you are right, maybe i miss type it. i will check to confirm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom