Nfl cap going up in next couple of years.. (1 Viewer)

Another concern on the horizon is de la Puente. I don't know when his contract runs out, but he's making peanuts right now and will either need a substantial pay raise or we'll have to find someone else.

hes a RFA this year. payton has been good with the offensive line finding gems. theyll offer him a contract, and he'll sign or he wont. they wont bargin high.

And crap, I forgot that we don't have a left tackle either...

I'm not trying to be negative but we have some serious problems right now...

Thing is though Drew can renegotiate his contract to clear substantial room as can Evans and Grubbs. It's not a big deal since when they leave and the portion of their salary comes due as dead money they will have planned well and have a low salary player to put in that position while they eat the dead cap space.

The reason the cap doesn't go up in 2014 is because the players traded cap space in that year for the cap not to go down last year and this year. What I'll really be interested in seeing is if there are any legal ramifications of a players union bartering away future members money to increase payouts for current members.

Yeah, I replied to those tweets and he said that it already included the TV money, which will be phased in. Also, the players already borrowed against the 2014 cap to increase the 2012 and 2013 cap.

Part of it is though that they're getting better benefits, I think. We only see salary though.

Every team is in some sort of cap trouble or will be eventually. Especially once there is that min spending floor, GM's will need to be creative.

Yes, those are the estimations with the TV deals.

I thought it would go up much higher than that. Geez. We will have to live off of the draft and UDFA for the next few years.

But isn't that how great teams are made? Great drafts and finding diamonds in the rough in UDFA?

I doubt that any SB winner or dynasty was built through FA additions, and I bet a few of them were built despite FA losses.

At least all 32 teams will be in the same boat. I doubt we'll see as much 'breaking the bank' for big-name FA's in the next few years as in the past, at least by the contender teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom