Nfl cap going up in next couple of years.. (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@TripTP: RT @JeffDuncanTP: RT @dkaplanSBJ: @AlbertBreer Internal NFL projections, SBJ has reported, have cap at $122 mln in 2014, $125 mln in 2015, $130 mln in 2016.

This can help us out big time.

Makes ya wonder if loomis was planning for this in some regards

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Considering this year's cap was 120.6 and Drew's cap hit was 10.4 million, I fail to see how those minor rises in salary cap are going to help us very much when his cap hit is 18.4, 26.4, and 27.4 million during those years. That seems to be much less of a rise in the cap than what has been talked about, and since we've structured many of our salaries to take big hits starting in 2014, we may be in some serious trouble.

Weird, I thought there was discussion that the 2014 cap would go up around 6%.

That would be 1.21*1.06 = 1.28M. Not, just 1.22M. This won't go over well.

Yes, those are the estimations with the TV deals.

I thought it would go up much higher than that. Geez. We will have to live off of the draft and UDFA for the next few years.

Wow they are? But tbh we can save 30 million just by cutting players off of defense that are not better than their backups. I think Sean saw who wasn't performing this year. Big changes are coming.

Considering this year's cap was 120.6 and Drew's cap hit was 10.4 million, I fail to see how those minor rises in salary cap are going to help us very much when his cap hit is 18.4, 26.4, and 27.4 million during those years. That seems to be much less of a rise in the cap than what has been talked about, and since we've structured many of our salaries to take big hits starting in 2014, we may be in some serious trouble.

With that cap bump you might can sign 1 vet, and thats a maybe.

I think we will see big name cuts coming soon.

With that cap bump you might can sign 1 vet, and thats a maybe.

I think we will see big name cuts coming soon.

Sign a vet??? We have a couple guys like Graham who will command a huge pay raise...

There won't be any good / middle road vets and all these guys we're talking about replacing like Smith & Harper will be replaced with undafted free agents. Cutting these guys aren't creating room, they're just getting us to zero.... Then we'll have to fill a bunch of roster spots with less the NFL quality players.

Another concern on the horizon is de la Puente. I don't know when his contract runs out, but he's making peanuts right now and will either need a substantial pay raise or we'll have to find someone else.

To me it looks like we are in real trouble. Thankfully Loomis is really good at his job and knows a heck of a lot more than me.

I fully expect Loomis to surprise me. He did last year with Chamberlain/Hawthorne/Lofton all signing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom