NFL changing playoff format (1 Viewer)

I just hate that the 2nd seeded team wont get a bye. Also hate that the 7th ranked team in the conference even gets a shot at the playoffs.

i dont mind the 17 game regular season though, as long as players get paid extra and there is 2 bye weeks. Are 2 bye weeks expected??!
No 2nd bye week mentioned. But where will the odd game be played? They cannot have some teams with 9 home games and some with 8! When will the season start? Has to be Labor Day weekend, which is the last pre-season game weekend. So the next question is. What about teams that play their last pre-season game on the road this upcoming season? It is all so convoluted at the moment, I have no idea how the NFL is going to sort it out for this season.

It makes the regular season worth a lot less. Basically, right now the regular season means something because there are limited slots and only two bye teams. Now, you'd have to play a perfect season to get one week off, then your facing teams that have already prepared and knew that was the slot they would get. Saints fought hard to get the number 1 or 2 seed. in the new world, it will have been decided for all intents and purposes by week 12.
Not necessarily. The 1 seed was not known until week 17 this last year.

No 2nd bye week mentioned. But where will the odd game be played? They cannot have some teams with 9 home games and some with 8! When will the season start? Has to be Labor Day weekend, which is the last pre-season game weekend. So the next question is. What about teams that play their last pre-season game on the road this upcoming season? It is all so convoluted at the moment, I have no idea how the NFL is going to sort it out for this season.
Good points. Which teams have 9 home games is a GREAT point.

also who is the 17th game against? Just a random non-conference team?

I think a play in game between the 6th and 7th seed to gain entry into the playoffs would be a good idea. Then the winner goes to the WC. Meanwhile the top 2 seeds don't play until the divisional round.
Would prefer that over an extra week of Regular season football and only one seed having a bye.

That would have put the Rams in this year, who were garbage.
8-8 Steelers in the AFC

The 8-7-1 Vikings and 9-7 Titans in 2018

Dumb.
I agree. I liked baseball playoffs before they added the extra wildcard years ago. 8 teams out of 30 is great, makes for a meaningful regular season.

14 out of 32 just waters down the regular season. Like you said.... DUMB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom