NFL changing playoff format (1 Viewer)

I agree. I liked baseball playoffs before they added the extra wildcard years ago. 8 teams out of 30 is great, makes for a meaningful regular season.

14 out of 32 just waters down the regular season. Like you said.... DUMB

Unless you're one of the 7 seeds... then it's awesome!

I'd be a lot more down if they were expanding the league to 36 or 40 teams.
I don't care for expanding the playoffs but I might if there was an expansion to go along with it. The thing is just where would these new teams go?

I don't care for expanding the playoffs but I might if there was an expansion to go along with it. The thing is just where would these new teams go?
International. It's the next logical step for the Owners to increase their market, and cash flow $.

Watch by 2030 the NFL will have teams in London, Mexico City, Toronto/Vancouver, possibly more destinations in Europe.

I'd be a lot more down if they were expanding the league to 36 or 40 teams.

Doesn't the league already have enough bottom feeders? Also, the last time the league added more than two teams (via true expansion, not absorption from rival leagues) was 1933 so it's pretty unlikely to see even a 4-team expansion unless it were two separate 2-team expansions spaced at least a decade apart.

Doesn't the league already have enough bottom feeders? Also, the last time the league added more than two teams (via true expansion, not absorption from rival leagues) was 1933 so it's pretty unlikely to see even a 4-team expansion unless it were two separate 2-team expansions spaced at least a decade apart.

At this point quality of play is way down the list of importance for this league (we saw that with the awful Officiating fiasco they let ensure this season with the challenging of PI)

The #1, #2, #3 priorities for this group of NFL Ownership is Cashflow $$$, they can and will double the league size if it brings in more Revenue for them. (player Safety, and quality of play be damned it's all dollar signs)

Clearly all about the money. I really do not like the odd 17 game season. That just seems like a terrible idea wrought with issues. All season records will be shattered. There will be a requirement for a game to be played at a neutral site. I wonder if the extra game will come with an expanded roster (maybe to 55 or so with 50 active or even more)?

Just a thought but if this is the way the league is going, by extending the regular season while increasing the amount of play off teams. How long until we see NBA style Load management be implemented in the NFL?

Think about it by Week 15 you've already got a bunch of guys banged up, say the #1 seed in your conference is clinched already.. what's to stop teams from just resting their key stars for the last 3-4 weeks of the regular season, or playing them sparingly to get 1-2 series of reps and just preserve them for the playoffs if the best you can do is a 4-7 seed.

These could be some of the "unintended consequences" of adding regular season games, and diluting the Playoff pool.

With the money the NFL makes now, you think they wouldnt mess with that, but no they want more of our $$$

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom