NFL.com article: Top 20 free-agent signings (1 Viewer)

Michael Turner. :smilielol:

I would sign Darren Sharper 1000 more times over turner with all things being equal.

And seriously, I think it is time to let it go and say Drew was greater than the Reggie White signing.

Sproles and Horn would be honorable mentioned, and judging by some names on the list, could be included.

Reggie White always being on the top of these lists is silly, especially ever since Brees won a Super Bowl. It's like publications feel they HAVE to put White first for nostalgic reasons or because he was the first big name free agent to sign elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, he was great in GB, but franchise DEs don't compare to franchise QBs.

Reggie White always being on the top of these lists is silly, especially ever since Brees won a Super Bowl. It's like publications feel they HAVE to put White first for nostalgic reasons or because he was the first big name free agent to sign elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, he was great in GB, but franchise DEs don't compare to franchise QBs.

Totally agreed. I feel like they have heard the "popular opinion" on who is the best amongst other writers for so long that they discount the Brees signing since it happened relatively recently.

And seriously, I think it is time to let it go and say Drew was greater than the Reggie White signing.

I came here just to say this.

In almost every other award or accolade, we all admit that quarterbacks are the most valuable member of a franchise. Given all the records Brees' has broken (not to mention that ring), isn't time we admit that this is the greatest signing of all time?

I would have to put Drew and Reggie 1a and 1b..

Few people remember the absolute joke Green Bay was from the Lombardi exit to 1992. To be traded to Green Bay was slightly above being traded to Hell. Free agents refused to even visit there. From '86 thru '91, they finished 4th, 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, and 4th.

After Reggie's signing, they finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, and 2nd.. including a Super Bowl win. They also became a premier landing spot for free agents.

When he retired, they dropped back to 4th place.

I'd say their careers almost exactly mirror each other.. only difference is that we get the benefit of having Drew for more than 6 seasons :9:

I don't get it. When a QB has a great day, there's a 95% chance you win. When a DE does the same, your chances of winning might bump up to around 55-60%.

Brees should be #1 and Horn should have been on the list.

farve should have been there instead of turner

Favre was acquired by trade.

Joe Horn belonged on that list; maybe even over Sharper. Joe Horn probably thinks no list of free agents would be complete without Joe Horn. To do otherwise would be an injustice to Joe Horn.

Favre was acquired by trade.

He's talking about the Vikings' version of Brett Favre. And, taking my black and gold shades off here, but if Sharper is good enough to be on that list due to the 2009 season alone, than Favre DEFINITELY should be on the list for that season. He had a career year that year - 33 tds 7 ints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom