NFL.COM Best and worst draft picks of all time (1 Viewer)

The writer even claims that Reggie was a bust too in the comments but didn't have room to include him ugh. Reggie helped the Saints get a ring, that's all that matters.

Archie was by far not a bust. The man had no supporting cast and ran for his life the majority of the game and still produced some decent numbers.

Ricky Williams is measured against all the picks given up for him, which was not his fault but in comparison he could never live up to what was given for him.

Not having Rickey Jackson, Pat Swilling, or Vaughn Johnson on there is blasphamy.

I really didn't like Ricky Williams but, it wasn't his fault "the bonehead" traded away all our draft picks to get him. He wasn't a spectacular player but he wasn't a bust either.

After reading the article the only questionable part is Manning.

The rest is fine. And the part on R. Williams was more about how much was given up for a guy who ended up being traded and how the trade handicapped the team for years.

Before Ricky Williams Saints never won a playoff game and in that same decade made the NFCCG and won a SB so that draft crippled the team for years ? Seems like the Saints never had an offense or any success at all until Ricky. I like the pick in hindsight, he broke the ice on offense and winning in general imo

He brings an "outside to box" argument about Manning, where i can at least see where he is coming from. But i have a hard time calling him a bust or blaming him for the Saints faults.

I like the against the grain thought there, but no way can he be considered a bust.

bush should be on this list. he was running all over people during his usc days and we thought the saints were getting that player with the 2nd overall pick.

yeah bush was somewhat productive, won a ring here, but he was nowhere near what he was at usc.

bush should be on this list. he was running all over people during his usc days and we thought the saints were getting that player with the 2nd overall pick.

yeah bush was somewhat productive, won a ring here, but he was nowhere near what he was at usc.

See Tavon Austin

Archie was by far not a bust. The man had no supporting cast and ran for his life the majority of the game and still produced some decent numbers.

Ricky Williams is measured against all the picks given up for him, which was not his fault but in comparison he could never live up to what was given for him.

Not having Rickey Jackson, Pat Swilling, or Vaughn Johnson on there is blasphamy.

The Saints signed Vaughn Johnson as a free agent. Rickey Jackson and Pat Swilling were draft choices.

I had to have a second look at this article before I could believe it! Alex Gelhar should not be allowed to reproduce. Dude obviously doesn't know jack about saints history and knows even less about football.

Case in point, you could never have found a player that fit with the early Payton-era playbook better than Reggie Bush. Bush did exactly what we needed him to do when we needed him to do it. So what if he didn't have a 1500+ yard season - he brought da goddam wood in 09!

And manning a "bust"!? Please! Manning would have won 6 superbowl rings with the steelers!

And ricky williams!? The guy was integral in making the saints a team to be feared after the ditka-era.

The article is about bad draft choices, not draft busts. Not that I agree with including Manning on the list of bad choices, but I can see what he is trying to say.

Why is George Rogers on this list, but not Ricky & Pat.
Why is Shawn Knight, Toles, and Molden off, but RW and Archie on.

This is insane.

:flush:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom