NFL.com has Falcons AND Bucs ahead of us in NFC South (1 Viewer)

all these media personalitys we are ment to listen too are WAY to focused on our defence... they are forgetting that we have a HOF QB with at least one new toy to play with

Drew Brees = Legend.

Of course after all the crap we've been through last year the NFL still disses us, but we will prove them wrong in February! :9:

Seems strange to have fielded the most prolific O of all time, to have a QB that owns the holy grail of QB records, won a SB and just be overlooked time and time again...but on the other hand it's normal the media vastly underrating the Saints potential.

As much as the talking heads enjoyed talking about bountygate,
they sure are hesitant to say our abysmal 2012 campaign just may
have something to do with us missing our general.

I noticed bountygate is given absolutely no credence to how bad our season went. Shouldn't it be considered the most distracting season any team has ever dealt with in history ? I mean weren't the Saints 13-3 and knocking on the door to another NFCCG the season prior ? It's the media's way of not putting any blame on Goodel for what he did to this team.

Our 2005 season was probably the most distracting season any team has ever had to deal with. Last year was probably second to that. Still, your point stands. We'll be much better this season with last season past us.

It's April......:idunno:

I know its only april, but the thing I don't understand is how in the world
the Bucs can be predicted to make the playoffs and not us?

we are 5x the team the bucs are, even without a coach and with unprecedented
sanctions placed against us last year, we swept them.

3rd Down Conversion

2012 without Payton 44% conversion
2011 with Payton 57%

Turnovers

2012 Without Payton
19 Ints
14 Fumbles

2011 With Payton
14 Ints
6 Fumbles

That doesn't include Payton's leadership, or the fact that he is the best In-Game offensive play caller in this league, how he sets teams up with plays in the 1st and 2nd quarter and then busts them up for big plays in the 3rd and 4th. Payton has little to no impact on defense outside of leadership and accountability, but he is that good offensively. Our defense could have a season JUST LIKE last year and if Payton and Brees are on their game I can guarantee they pull out 12 and 13 win seasons despite defensive woes.

We finished with a historically bad defense and were 7-9. If our key players are healthy and our defense is AVERAGE, which would be a significant improvement, btw. We're a force to be reckoned with.

I'm giddy at the notion.

As it should be on paper. They made all of the sexy moves. It doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish, and damn I'm excited about our end result

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom