NFL.com has Falcons AND Bucs ahead of us in NFC South (1 Viewer)

MSGulfCoastWhoDat

The Darkhorse
Reaction score
Lol I just can't believe the nerve of the voters over at NFL.com.

Do they honestly think that 7-9 is just who the saints are?
Do they really think Sean Payton doesn't make us a 12+ win team?

Predict the season

Can September get here any quicker? :hihi:

A lot of articles I've read have them pegging the Saints as a team they want to like, but just can't jump on the bandwagon until they see how the defense is... and honestly, can you blame them? We just watched Drew Brees throw over 40 touchdowns and over 5000 yards and go 7-9 to show for it.

Heck, if the Saints' defense can just be below average this season, a lot of people will pick them to be at the least a playoff team.

In fairness Sean Payton doesn't play defense and ours was atrocious last year. I think we are more like a 10-6 team. If the defense is a top 15 defense then 13-3.

A lot of articles I've read have them pegging the Saints as a team they want to like, but just can't jump on the bandwagon until they see how the defense is... and honestly, can you blame them? We just watched Drew Brees throw over 40 touchdowns and over 5000 yards and go 7-9 to show for it.

Heck, if the Saints' defense can just be below average this season, a lot of people will pick them to be at the least a playoff team.

I think everyone way underestimates what kind of effect Sean Payton
would have had. We win 11 or 12 games last year instead of 7 with
him on the sideline.

The defense would have looked alot different if he was there holding
everyone accountable.

In fairness Sean Payton doesn't play defense and ours was atrocious last year. I think we are more like a 10-6 team. If the defense is a top 15 defense then 13-3.

I refer you to my above comment.

He doesn't play defense but you can bet your butt he wouldn't
be standing on the sideline looking lost.

He would have fired our team up MUCH more than spags,
our team was so uninspired under spags.

A good coach can make all the difference in the world.

Didn't we sweep the Bucs last year? Weren't they 7-9 as well? All while we didn't even have a coach?

What exactly says they'll be better then us this year? Josh Freeman going to learn to play QB?

Didn't we sweep the Bucs last year? Weren't they 7-9 as well? All while we didn't even have a coach?

What exactly says they'll be better then us this year? Josh Freeman going to learn to play QB?

I heard very recently during the draft sometime, that
Freeman's job is actually on the line this season, they are
getting tired of the letdowns.

I noticed bountygate is given absolutely no credence to how bad our season went. Shouldn't it be considered the most distracting season any team has ever dealt with in history ? I mean weren't the Saints 13-3 and knocking on the door to another NFCCG the season prior ? It's the media's way of not putting any blame on Goodel for what he did to this team.

yes i do,Saints beat the bucs 41-0 with last yrs defense.. So theres no need to respect their opinion..

I noticed bountygate is given absolutely no credence to how bad our season went. Shouldn't it be considered the most distracting season any team has ever dealt with in history ? I mean weren't the Saints 13-3 and knocking on the door to another NFCCG the season prior ? It's the media's way of not putting any blame on Goodel for what he did to this team.
This is what I've said to those ATL CLowns' fans over and over again. Deep inside they know it's true. Daddy is back. BRING IT, GIRLS!!

Everyone brings up SP doesn't run the D, which he doesn't. He does however, work with the D cord at half time to make corrections. Who better to ask about what the opposing O is doing, than SP?

I think we are a 12 win team, but until we take the field again and prove it in our opener, I think the ranking should go to the team that last made it to the NFC Title Game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom