NFL.com mock draft for saints (1 Viewer)

Yeah. That would be great. Let’s draft an LB in the first round AFTER Brees leaves. Yeah. Let’s do that.

They have us picking Bolton, linebacker. Never heard of him.
I could live with that pick. He is one tough hombre. Whatever happens I hope we get a LB or CB in the first round. I’ve also learned better than to pre-decide what this front office will take in the first round. That leads to heavy drinking on draft day. 😆

The only issue I saw with that highlight is it didn't show his pass coverage abilities. He would be great in a traditional 4-3 but we rarely use a traditional set, we mostly use a nickel package with only 2 LB's who can cover and rush the passer. Yes I am a LSU Homer but I think Jabril Cox would fit better.

If we're being truthful, the only sure-thing we have coming back at linebacker in 2021 is Demario Davis. Anzalone is a FA (and I'm not sure if we're bringing him back other than maybe as depth), Kwon Alexander is a very likely target for either a cut or restructure for cap (and he has a high rate of injury), Craig Robertson is also a FA (and should only see the field on special teams), and we still have no idea what we have in Zack Baun. We could use any linebacker.
I wouldn't be mad if they went linebacker back to back to back.

Bolton, Collins and Cox are beasts.

I really liked late round linebacker Michael Pinckney last year.

He got signed by the Patriots as an UDFA last year.

The only issue I saw with that highlight is it didn't show his pass coverage abilities. He would be great in a traditional 4-3 but we rarely use a traditional set, we mostly use a nickel package with only 2 LB's who can cover and rush the passer. Yes I am a LSU Homer but I think Jabril Cox would fit better.
Bolton is basically Demario Davis.

Not for drafting a LB’r in the 1st rd. If you plan to do that, just draft a homerun type WR.
You can usually get a deep threat in round two or 3.

Look at Metcalf.

Cox did not really have a great year this year.
True but they also changed from Aranda's 3-4 to Pertrino's 4-3 with no offseason to learn and practice. So Cox and most of the Defense was out there doing what they can. Cox showed great physical abilities and he is very good in coverage for a LB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom