NFL.com mock draft for saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
They have us picking Bolton, linebacker. Never heard of him.

Link:

Last edited by a moderator:
screens_feature2-1.jpg

Bolton is good but he is an outside linebacker.

They need a guy like Zaven Collins or Jabril Cox on the inside.

If we're being truthful, the only sure-thing we have coming back at linebacker in 2021 is Demario Davis. Anzalone is a FA (and I'm not sure if we're bringing him back other than maybe as depth), Kwon Alexander is a very likely target for either a cut or restructure for cap (and he has a high rate of injury), Craig Robertson is also a FA (and should only see the field on special teams), and we still have no idea what we have in Zack Baun. We could use any linebacker.

If we're being truthful, the only sure-thing we have coming back at linebacker in 2021 is Demario Davis. Anzalone is a FA (and I'm not sure if we're bringing him back other than maybe as depth), Kwon Alexander is a very likely target for either a cut or restructure for cap (and he has a high rate of injury), Craig Robertson is also a FA (and should only see the field on special teams), and we still have no idea what we have in Zack Baun. We could use any linebacker.

A LB in the “mold” of Kwon Alexander is what’s needed. A speedy, sideline-to-sideline, coverage LB that can blitz... that is the perfect compliment to Demario Davis, and we all saw how that positively impacted the Saints defense.
JaCoby Stevens
Monty Rice
KJ Britt
Chazz Surratt
Nick Bolten
...and Zaven Collins and Micah Parsons as well, but they’ll almost certainly be off the board prior to the Saints picking

Not for drafting a LB’r in the 1st rd. If you plan to do that, just draft a homerun type WR.

We are about to lose all of our MLB to FA so I wouldn’t mind getting Zaven Collins in the first or draft a Free Safety in the first round and grab maybe Dylan Moses in the second round if he’s there

Is he's available in taking Kyle Trask from Florida

Trask intrigued me for awhile, but I wasn’t impressed with him at the end of the season.

And after our last four seasons, I think our next QB either needs to be mobile, have a rocket arm to stretch the field, or both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom