NFL.com Saints vs. Eagles preview (1 Viewer)

Are you seriously calling the Eagles offense bad because their defense gave them a short field? How is that their fault at all?

Agreed, this is a really weird accusation.

They were given a short field 4 times and got 3 TDs and a FG. I'd like that to happen to us.

That said, I'd really like to see us open up with a play action pass to Meach or DH. Preferably a post pattern, so we can see what their new safety is made of. As long as it's not picked, it should open things up for the whole first half.

I think CHI-town is on the money. We didn't learn much from last week really though. I believe the Eagles have O-line problems that are a core issue and will hamper them all year.

It'll be interesting to see how the Eagles defense does with a QB that makes better decisions under pressure than Jake. They have lost a lot on that side of the ball to either FA, injury or... cancer... :( May god rest his soul.

I believe the Eagles have O-line problems that are a core issue and will hamper them all year.

Outside of Andrews (a guy no reasonable Eagle fan expected to play this year) and Herremans (who will be back in a few weeks) - what are the problems?

Outside of Andrews (a guy no reasonable Eagle fan expected to play this year) and Herremans (who will be back in a few weeks) - what are the problems?

In the world of "what have you done for me lately", Peters is a liability. It remains to be seen if he can return to '07 form. Winston Justice has not looked good at RT from what I've seen. The Giants game was atrocious.

They had only 1 scoring drive of more than 10 yards! Their Offense is bad, even with McNabb. I personally don't care who's at QB for the Eagles - we're going to win anyway.

I hope you are right about the Saints going to win part. But on the Eagles offense, I will point out that the offense did not have to do anything. Jake handed the points to them on a silver platter. Had McNabb and the offense HAD to rack up yardage, they probably could have.

In the world of "what have you done for me lately", Peters is a liability. It remains to be seen if he can return to '07 form. Winston Justice has not looked good at RT from what I've seen. The Giants game was atrocious.

If you look at this clip at the 2:26 mark, I think it's apparent Peters is playing well. It's been a long time since I've seen an athlete like this at the LT position. He also didn't allow a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091302/2009/REG1/eagles@panthers#tab:watch

Justice has improved a lot - particularly this year. While he's not 'great', he is playing better at his natural RT spot. He didn't play RT vs NY, he played LT - and that was 3 years ago during his rookie year when he was 22 years old. He played RT at USC.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom