NFL.com Saints vs. Eagles preview (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I think Jake's lousy performance took the light away from a good effort by the kitties' defense.

The D wasn't a fluke

The offense only had the ball for 10 minutes in the first half. When the Eagles scored their first offensiive TD it was to go up 24-7. It was 31-10 at half. McNabb scored on the TD run mid-3rd quarter to make it 38-10.

It was a weird game for sure - but I wouldn't judge our offense by that one...not with a healthy McNabb anyway...we were 3 for 3 for TDs scored in the redzone (our problem a year ago)

Of your 13 offensive possesions, which is a ton, this is what you did with them;

1st scoring possesion - 4 plays, 6 yards, FG
2nd scoring possesion - 1 play, 9 yards, TD
3rd scoring possesion - 10 plays, 69 yards, TD
4th scoring possesion - 3 plays, 10 yards, TD

IMO, that's pretty terrible and shows your O didn't have to do much of anything to score. You guys had one good drive where your offense earned the points. The other three scoring drives were handed to you.

Your other 9 offensive drives netted you 174 yards and 0 points. That's not good. Sorry.

Of your 13 offensive possesions, which is a ton, this is what you did with them;

1st scoring possesion - 4 plays, 6 yards, FG
2nd scoring possesion - 1 play, 9 yards, TD
3rd scoring possesion - 10 plays, 69 yards, TD
4th scoring possesion - 3 plays, 10 yards, TD

IMO, that's pretty terrible and shows your O didn't have to do much of anything to score. You guys had one good drive where your offense earned the points. The other three scoring drives were handed to you.

Your other 9 offensive drives netted you 174 yards and 0 points. That's not good. Sorry.

McNabb was in for 6 drives - 4 scores. I think most fans would like that ratio.

Look at my post again - I said you can't use that game to judge our offense with a healthy McNabb. Judge all you want with Kolb....

Yes the D gave our offense short fields - I missed the part where that's a bad thing. It would be bad if they didn't take advantage of that field position. They did.

McNabb will definately not play. I live in Philly and the rib that is fractured is diplaced and moves when he walks. He was having difficulty walking today. He probably won't play for three weeks. Eagles defense will be the toghest the Saints face this year. This game is a pick.

Eagles D is the toughest?

I guess we arent playing the Jets, The Giants and the Patriots. Thier Defenses are terrible compaired to the Eagles. (Sarcasm?) :covri:

Eagles D is the toughest?

I guess we arent playing the Jets, The Giants and the Patriots. Thier Defenses are terrible compaired to the Eagles. (Sarcasm?) :covri:

We had the #3 D last year...not saying we have the best D in the NFL...but they are top 5....

We had the #3 D last year...not saying we have the best D in the NFL...but they are top 5....

You have the third best defense in your division.

Not to mention Green Bay, Minnesota, Pitt, Tennessee, Baltimore, Jets ...

After this weekend youll see that the Saints defense should belong in that group. You saw what Carolina did in their opening drive. That will be all day come Sunday.

So if the offense gives up points off of turnovers, that's counted against the defense? Just looking at the defensive comparisons on that link. It has the Saints' D allowing 27 points.

So, the Eagles had less yards gained last week against the Panthers than the Lions had against us? WOW, that shows how good their D played and how bad their O played.

Seems like their blowout was very fluky.

They had only 1 scoring drive of more than 10 yards! Their Offense is bad, even with McNabb. I personally don't care who's at QB for the Eagles - we're going to win anyway.

i was more worried about the lions offense than the Eagles

Dont get me wrong the Eagles are a way better team, but mainly because of there D. Calvin Johnson is a better WR than anyone the eagles have, and Kevin Smith is kinda of a younger Westbrook, who is better but they are similar.

I truly think the Eagles D has the potential to keep us under 24 points, but I dont think there Offense is goo enough to score more than 14.

If our ST can hold them we win this game, but I do think that our ST can lose us this game. We have to keep there returns minimal. If they have a short field, that could be the edge they need to beat us.

Let me know if you agree.

You have the third best defense in your division.

Not to mention Green Bay, Minnesota, Pitt, Tennessee, Baltimore, Jets ...

After this weekend youll see that the Saints defense should belong in that group.

I prefer to talk football objectively....I can see we can't have one of those conversations...

I prefer to talk football objectively....I can see we can't have one of those conversations...

Don't worry, dude. The vast majority of Saints fans respect Philly's defense. But what's much more relevant is that our coaching staff, who all know the Eagles fairly intimately, is taking this game very seriously.

If we lose, it won't be because we didn't know what hit us or anything like that. I believe we'll be prepared and hungry. Should be the game of the week.

Don't worry, dude. The vast majority of Saints fans respect Philly's defense. But what's much more relevant is that our coaching staff, who all know the Eagles fairly intimately, is taking this game very seriously.

If we lose, it won't be because we didn't know what hit us or anything like that. I believe we'll be prepared and hungry. Should be the game of the week.

I agree...or at least it would've been the game of the week if McNabb was healthy...

It still may be close. I'm thinking Saints win 24-19....I predicted the same on our board...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom