NFL Combine QB measurements...... (1 Viewer)

If the kid doesn’t have fumbling issues, what advantages does having bigger hands really do for a prospect? Does it make you process information and go through your reads faster? Does it allow you to avoid pressure better? Does it affect the ability to make certain type of passes? Does it make you fumble more?

I’m not sure it’s a good barometer. Being a good QB isn’t an exact science and there is so many things that can affect the success of a QB, this is one of the things I wouldn’t even bother with unless it confirms deficiencies seen on tape.

Over the past 10 years, a mere three quarterbacks with 9-inch hands have attempted more than 300 passes -- Goff, Tannehill and Chad Henne. During that span, none of them has a Total QBR above 55.-PER ESPN article.

I agree Trey, but this quote from the article is interesting. I still think Joe will be great in the NFL, but I’m still shocked about the statistic

Realistically though, Mahomes hands are just a fraction larger and we all know what he's done. But if I'm Cincy, I pass on Burrow - lol

Some would argue hand size makes a bigger difference for a QB who'll be playing in the elements more where grip becomes a much bigger factor.

Some would argue hand size makes a bigger difference for a QB who'll be playing in the elements more where grip becomes a much bigger factor.

For sure.

And yet, I think the concern is that you don't want to have to protect against it when you go on the road and actually play in wind, rain, snow, etc.

Especially in the playoffs.

All this hand size talk makes me think back to Garo Yepremian.

Also...Cincinnati plays 9 games every year in Ohio, another one in Pittsburgh and another in Baltimore.

At least 11 games every year (and likely more) with the possibility of playing in the elements.

Also...Cincinnati plays 9 games every year in Ohio, another one in Pittsburgh and another in Baltimore.

At least 11 games every year (and likely more) with the possibility of playing in the elements.

Maybe it's no smoke screen, maybe Cinci actually isnt' completely sold on Burrow simply for that reason. You'd be surprised at how many teams pick their guys regardless of the consensus. Look no further than the bears absolutely falling in love with Trubisky despite the consensus not even having him ranked that high. It would not surprise me in the least bit if Cincy went another direction.

Am I the only one that thinks 6'4 220's is skinny ?
I've been boxing over half my life so that can have something to do with it haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom