NFL Competition Committee considering a wider football field [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

This is probably going to happen anyway
2 things have historically hindered soccer's rise in the US:
1- no tradition (but now as many young kids practice soccer as football)
2- bad advertising setup for soccer ie uninterrupted 45 min halves (now with so much content going online big $$ advertisers are going to need a MUCH different model)

3- Incredibly boring to watch.

If we're talking only 10 yards wider, I don't see it being a problem for most stadiums, as it'd only be 5 yards per sideline. That said, I really don't buy this as a safety measure... Just another advantage for offenses to rack it up.

Wow... another stupid idea from the NFL. I wonder if it ever occurred to Polian that the reason those guys in Canada don't build up speed and hit harder is because they aren't as big, fast, and as talented as the players in the NFL?

Hopefully if this ever gets passed it wont be until Brees retires so that I can stop watching the NFL.

What is the deal with the super religious and their anri-soccerism??

Has nothing to do with religion...I know plenty of atheist that think soccer is boring and sucks. If the NFL no longer existed tomorrow soccer would be the last thing people would turn to for their entertainment. I would expect a huge benefactor would be the NBA and MLB. I'd rather go to the Fairgrounds on Sundays than watch boring Soccer. Those damn horses are more exciting than freaking soccer.

What is wrong with these people? Stop trying to change everything.

Just another 10 yards to build up momentum and really knock them the **** out. Really stupid move. Would be the end of my 54 years of watching the sport.

What is the deal with the super religious and their anri-soccerism??

I've tried really hard to like soccer, but after the 10th straight "forward kick, side kick, back kick, oops outa bounds, throw it in and repeat except for twice a game" I just couldn't get it.

I wonder if Polian has thought about the fact that a wider field means it's harder for a ball carrier to get out of bounds safely and could lead to more blows?

I love football, basketball and soccer. I just don't see how america thinks soccer is more boring than baseball. Watching a guy throw a ball at the same spot 900 times per game is not that entertaining. Just my opinion tho

I agree baseball is boring...but Soccer is the worst, The only exciting part is when they score a goal which does not happen often. Nothing else about soccer is exciting and that is the problem. Baseball is boring but at least you have more chances for excitement during a game like a stolen base, great diving catch, double play, batter hit by a pitch and possible brawl at the pitchers diamond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom