NFL.com's ratings of our new players (1 Viewer)

max

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
1. Kenny Vaccaro SS 6'0" 214 Texas 87.7
Pick Analysis: "You finally have a safety that can play with Malcolm Jenkins as far as an athlete." -- Mike Mayock

85-95 Immediate Starter 1st An impact player with the ability/intangibles to become a Pro Bowl player. Expect to start immediately except in a unique situation (i.e. behind a veteran starter).

2. Terron Armstead OT 6'5" 306 Arkansas-Pine Bluff 84.0
Pick Analysis: "He's as raw as can be but had as freaky a combine as anyone not named Lane Johnson. When you plug him into New Orleans, this kid is a developmental player. You need to redshirt him, and he's a starter next year." -- Mike Mayock

3. John Jenkins NT 6'4" 346 Georgia 81.3
Pick Analysis: The Saints continue to build on defense with the strong, quick Jenkins, who impressed at his pro day (notching a 5.2-second 40-yard dash and a 4.94-second short shuttle).

4. Chase Thomas OLB 6'3" 244 Stanford 79.4

5. Kevin Reddick ILB 6'1" 243 North Carolina 71.5

70-84 Eventual Starter 2nd-3rd A quality player who will contribute to the team early on and is expected to develop into a starter. A reliable player who brings value to the position.

6. Kenny Stills WR 6'0" 194 Oklahoma 66.0
Pick Analysis: "He's an interesting kid because he can run. I'd like to see him be more physical. I think he has good hands. When you get to New Orleans with a guy like Drew Brees, he'll find a way to get the football to him." -- Mike Mayock

7. Rod Sweeting CB 5'11" 189 Georgia Tech 65.2

8. Ryan Lacy CB 5'9" 186 Utah 64.7

9. Rufus Johnson DE 6'4" 266 Tarleton St. 56.9

10. Blaize Foltz OG 6'4" 310 TCU 55.5

50-69 Draftable Player 4th-7th A prospect with the ability to make team as a backup/role player. Needs to be a special teams contributor at applicable positions. Players in the high range of this category might have long-term potential.

UDFA Griffin, Ryan QB 6'3" 221 Tulane (LISTED on NFL.com but NOT RATED)
UDFA Martin, Eric DE 6'1" 237 Nebraska (LISTED on NFL.com but NOT RATED)
UDFA Foster, Glenn DE 6'3" 286 Illinois (LISTED on NFL.com but NOT RATED)

UDFA Elliot Mealer, OL, Michigan (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Ray Shipman, OLB, Central Florida (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Tim Lelito, G,Saint Clair / Grand Valley State (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Keavon Milton, TE, ULM (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Billy Hoyle, G, Indiana (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Shawne Alston, RB, WVU (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)
UDFA Josh Hill, TE, Idaho St (NOT LISTED on NFL.com)

We had a very sneaky draft imo, we didn't get all the buzz like some other teams but from the looks of who we picked, sneaky and under the radar. This is just like how Payton and Loomis likes it.

None of our picks are flashy but hopefully they pan out.

We have been successful in mining that "under the radar" gold in the past. Time to make it happen again.

im just really anxious to see who our starters are in the secondary and what positions. We're in a unique situation to vastly alter the look of the secondary, all from 1 draft pick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just saw where ESPN's Todd McShay called <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a> DT John Jenkins the best pick in the third round of the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NFLdraft">#NFLdraft</a>. High praise.</p>&mdash; Mike Triplett (@MikeTriplett) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/328584213970427904">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good stuff. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but then I got lazy.

Really amazing how two of our UDFA signees are rated higher than our 5th & 6th round picks and rated as players that can contribute right away and develop quickly into eventual starters, right after John Jenkins' rating. Unless they lay a dud in TC, even though we're in April I'd think its safe to say Thomas and Reddick are very likely to make the team. I still can't figure out how both went undrafted

Awesome post Max.....I'm sure it took some time to put all that info together....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom