NFL Concussion Problem (1 Viewer)

.Speaking of ignorance:

When you go to war, you know that a bullet, grenade, bomb, etc could end your life. You know that. A conscript is told in boot camp you need to kill your enemy before the enemy kills you. You have seen the consequences of bullet holes on a person's body in the news, tv, movies, maybe right in front of you, etc...

Hot coffee is hot, I take it it is a reference to the McDonald's case, read up on it, there's much more to it than you think.

And playing football, yes, you do get hurt. HOWEVER, there is a huge difference between all your bad analogies and concussions, and the effect of concussions have on the brain over time, the difference being that NFL doctors told players repeated concussions had no future consequences while having scientific proof they did. I don't think there's a doctor that would tell you a bullet hole in the head cannot kill you.

Do you want a relevant analogy? Smoking.

Its opinion, no need to drag me through the mud, dude.

And what doctors told what players concussions have no future consequences, name the team, the doctor, and the report??

:jpshakehead:

Its opinion, no need to drag me through the mud, dude.

And what doctors told what players concussions have no future consequences, name the team, the doctor, and the report??

:jpshakehead:

The medical profession has known for decades that multiple or chronic concussions lead to problems later in life.
# 1 - Mohammed Ali for example. That goes back 40 years.

That is why professional boxing lost much of is popularity over the years and you find few mainstream sports entertainment channels showing boxing anymore.

The medical profession has known for decades that multiple or chronic concussions lead to problems later in life.
# 1 - Mohammed Ali for example. That goes back 40 years.

That is why professional boxing lost much of is popularity over the years and you find few mainstream sports entertainment channels showing boxing anymore.

Had they known the effects of playing through concussions, they still would have played through them. I played through a concussions my freshman year of high school. players have come out and said that they would lie about symptoms to stay in the game. Despite what we know about not letting the brain fully heal. And these are players playing in the "soft" era of pro football

Had they known the effects of playing through concussions, they still would have played through them. I played through a concussions my freshman year of high school. players have come out and said that they would lie about symptoms to stay in the game. Despite what we know about not letting the brain fully heal. And these are players playing in the "soft" era of pro football

We are not talking about one concussion. We are talking chronic here. Also, there are tests you can perform on the sidelines for a concussion that the player can't fool his way out of.

We are not talking about one concussion. We are talking chronic here. Also, there are tests you can perform on the sidelines for a concussion that the player can't fool his way out of.

People bomb those tests on purpose so that if they have one it will look no different. Also, what about ted johnson, he suffered from second impact syndrome in 2002 and was mad at bill belichick for putting him in practice too soon. And yet he admitted that in his last two season he sufferd 6 concussions but only reported one. In fact he admitted that he only reported 4 nfl concussions but admitted that he had actually suffered closer to 30. So he had multiple incidents of back to back concussions or what I call mild second impac syndrome. 88% of concussions go unreported. And yet studies show that the vast majority of former atheletes don't suffer from these problems. A recent study showed that 60% have none of these issues. Based on observations I have made through my own research I theorize that if they expand the sample size the precetage would reach in the 70s. This is fact. However, I believe that despite the fact that the majority don't have these problems, does not mean we sweep the many that do under the rug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom