NFL Considering Sky Judge (1 Viewer)

It's crazy that they don't already have it. The only reason is they don't want to hurt the feelings of the officials on the field by overruling them. Forget that. Get it right every time.

It's crazy that they don't already have it. The only reason is they don't want to hurt the feelings of the officials on the field by overruling them. Forget that. Get it right every time.
If I'm not mistaken, the idea originally was proposed by Mike Pereira, so I wonder if the officials would be all that antagonistic. It might not have been exactly this one, but I believe it was close to the same thing.

If the NFL is not going to overrule the call on the field, what's the point? It will becomes a joke like the challenge for pass interference.

We already had a command center in New York that didn't turn over anything. How is this going to be different?
This.

If the NFL is not going to overrule the call on the field, what's the point? It will becomes a joke like the challenge for pass interference.

We already had a command center in New York that didn't turn over anything. How is this going to be different?
I think the route change as pushed by the people on the field was doomed from the start. The league can't allow a blown call to force them to bend to the will of the coaches and players.

Now that they've killed that, they can come back in with a different initiative of their choosing and fix an issue in their own manner.

IMHO, Goodell is petty enough to not let Payton have a victory.

So, wait... you guys actually believe that the NFL cares about getting calls correct on the field and give up all their power to influence the outcomes of games? lol.

This.

They have instant replay and when it was CLEARLY obvious that there were penalties for PI they CHOSE to never overturn it and make it correct. (Unless it was against the Saints ala Panthers game)

What would make them change it now because of a Sky Judge??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom