NFL Considering Sky Judge (1 Viewer)

Yes. We should have and get the Sky Judge. I have never bought the NFL's excuse for blowing a call, citing it was a "judgement call". EVERY call is a judgement call. Some are more subjective than objective with a clear rule violation than others,but it's still judgement nevertheless. For the game to be fair for all 32 teams 100% of the time the NFL must allow a miscall or blown call to be corrected in real time and not after the game.

This.

They have instant replay and when it was CLEARLY obvious that there were penalties for PI they CHOSE to never overturn it and make it correct. (Unless it was against the Saints ala Panthers game)

What would make them change it now because of a Sky Judge??

I'm almost positive they overturned one for us and around Payton's birthday I think. Also, if I remember correctly, it was one that maybe shouldn't have been overturned. All of it towards obfuscation.

There are some seriously paranoid people. Do you know how many people will have to be in on a fix as suggested here in order to pull it off? Moreover, regardless of who is in the SB, people will tune in There is always an interesting story to unfold.

----

But the bigger word in the NFL is usually MONEY. If the owners see an additional expense, their answer is no.

How about some regular ground based judges that don't suck ?

Just pay the Sky Judge an extra grand for every review he gets correct, and the problem is solved.
He won't care if/when he's hurting the feelings of any of the on-field officials.
And dock him 1K for every call he misses or gets incorrect. Include both positive and negative reinforcement :)

Edit: And make it 5K in the playoffs.

Last edited:
How about some regular ground based judges that don't suck ?
As a high school FB official, when you start out you work the clock and after a couple years on the clock you get on the field and then after a few years on the field your first few playoff games are on the clock. I’ve always thought their should be some way for the guy on the clock to give some input on some things because on the clock you have an angle and a vantage point “out of the fray” that can really be of assistance some times. By the time we meet at halftime or after a game and the guy on the clock says, “yall gave the home team a 5th down in the 2nd qtr”, what good is that now? I had one time I was working the umpire position and I got cold cocked from behind, the back judge saw it from his angle and it looked like an accident, after the game the clock guy tells us I was intentionally targeted and the film clearly shows it too, had we had that input during the game we could’ve penalized it.

And dock him 1K for every call he misses or gets incorrect. Include both positive and negative reinforcement :)

Edit: And make it 5K in the playoffs.
If he's pulled from the same gene pool as the rest , who's gonna collect from him after the season ?

Why not? They already have a Sky judge for all touchdowns which are reviewed and overturned or confirmed as a regular part of the game. Just expand the practice to plays that are not scores.

His "fund" will be a negative number , who's gonna swing by and pick it up ?
Ah. That's a good question. How about the money goes to the team on the wrong end of the bad-call or no-call. Or to a charity of the team's choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom