NFL NFL could lose up to 5.5 billion if games played in empty stadiums (1 Viewer)

Just looking at Saints tickets, 72,000 at say an average price of $150/ticket = 10,800,00/game! Say an average of $100 per fan spent on food and drinks, that is another 7,200,000/game. A total of 18M per game x 9 games (combining the two preseason games). That is a total of 162M for the season; conservatively. I am not counting parking or merchandise. Multiply 162M x 32 = 5.2B.

The 5.5B is conservative IMO.

Just looking at Saints tickets, 72,000 at say an average price of $150/ticket = 10,800,00/game! Say an average of $100 per fan spent on food and drinks, that is another 7,200,000/game. A total of 18M per game x 9 games (combining the two preseason games). That is a total of 162M for the season; conservatively. I am not counting parking or merchandise. Multiply 162M x 32 = 5.2B.

my man....... how did you get an average of $100/fan on food and drinks?

Don’t care much about the NFL losing money. Bigger tragedy is the local economies that will be crushed.
Isn't the whole US economy, with the exception of rich stock owners being crushed right now?

Good point....and don't forget, the league can always say, give us a concession this season or we won't play. With limited college games, and probably limited high school at some point, the NFL could be broadcasting all weekend and networks would make a mint.

If only GODdell had any real authority over those owners.

100 on food drinks per fan ? Seems like a bit much

Also you have to factor in costs.

food spend wouldn't be close to $100 on average
more like one fourth of that.
I would disagree. People sitting in the expensive seats, will spend on average more than that. A lot of those seats are business related and entertainment. I have 3 season tickets. I spend on average $100/game total! But I dont drink alcohol, nor do the other two family members. You start adding in alcohol before and during the game, with food, $100/seat on average is not a far fetched number. But we can agree to disagree my man, because we are guessing.

food spend wouldn't be close to $100 on average
more like one fourth of that.
[/QUOTE
my man....... how did you get an average of $100/fan on food and drinks?
A guess based on what I spend and we do not drink. What is your guess of a number do you think is average? Cause neither one of us have any factual data. Are you a season ticket holder?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom