NFL cracks down on fake jerseys (1 Viewer)

I don't even know where to start with that article. The jersey industry is such a rip off to begin with. Maybe if they lowered their prices to actually reflect their product they might compete with the fakes. $135 for a jersey that you can get for $20 should tell you something. Don't tell me about the american bs because they're all made in china. Just like with everything else sports related they gouge the fans so everyone on that side can be filthy rich.

Do they plan on taking it off of me when I am wearing it? I would like to see them try.

I doubt that would happen because it is not illegal to possess the fake jersey. The bigger question is simple. How do you feel about supporting child labor? If you are ok with it, would you let your child make your jersey or your sibling's child? If so, are you going to send them to go make some money creating these fake jerseys overseas? If you are ok with all of those things, there is nothing wrong with your wearing a counterfiet jerseys.

I doubt that would happen because it is not illegal to possess the fake jersey. The bigger question is simple. How do you feel about supporting child labor? If you are ok with it, would you let your child make your jersey or your sibling's child? If so, are you going to send them to go make some money creating these fake jerseys overseas? If you are ok with all of those things, there is nothing wrong with your wearing a counterfiet jerseys.

Do you really think the child issue strictly involves counterfeit jerseys? You might want to just take the clothes you are wearing off if by wearing the items you "support child labor". Also just throw away 75% of the items in your house.

Most of the Chinese knocks and that me and my buddies buy are made in the exact same factories. Unless you are really buying a cheap quality knock off many times even electronics and stuff are from the same factory they just make more than quota and sell it out the back.

Do you really think some middle class father of four in Iowa is making NFL jerseys?

Do you really think the child issue strictly involves counterfeit jerseys? You might want to just take the clothes you are wearing off if by wearing the items you "support child labor". Also just throw away 75% of the items in your house.

I'm sure the same safeguards are in place at the company making counterfiet goods as are in place at legitimate clothing manufacturers.

I guess the fact that you are supporting illegal activity by purchasing counterfiet goods does not matter. But I think you might think differently if it were your intellectual property they were stealing.

I'm sure the same safeguards are in place at the company making counterfiet goods as are in place at legitimate clothing manufacturers.

I guess the fact that you are supporting illegal activity by purchasing counterfiet goods does not matter. But I think you might think differently if it were your intellectual property they were stealing.

I don't search out bootleg movies and music, but an NFL jersey is not an artist work they need to be compensated for.

I don't search out bootleg movies and music, but an NFL jersey is not an artist work they need to be compensated for.

A business doesn't need to be compensated for its intellectual property? Ok. Occupy the NFL, I guess. And all other evil companies that employ people in legitimate businesses. Lets limit everybody's wages too.

Do you have some sort of source that shows Nike/NFL does not use child labor or violate workers rights in other ways? Because I assume they are using the same overseas sweatshops as the bootleg manufacturers. Hopefully I'm wrong.

How do you feel about the working conditions of the people who made the device you are using to read this forum?

Also....

lol

Nike is well known to run sweatshops with horrendous worker conditions.

Do you have some sort of source that shows Nike/NFL does not use child labor or violate workers rights in other ways? Because I assume they are using the same overseas sweatshops as the bootleg manufacturers. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also, how do you feel about the working conditions of the people who made the phone or computer you are using to read this forum?

So, your argument is that because you believe that legitimate products may be made in illegal ways, it is acceptable to support clearly illegal activities?

Talk about naive! I do not know where to start with the uninformed comments...

You are talking in circles. Your arguement was regarding child labor.

So, your argument is that because you believe that legitimate products may be made in illegal ways, it is acceptable to support clearly illegal activities?

I made no mention of my thoughts on purchasing counterfeit goods. Maybe try reading it again and respond to my questions on child labor.

the only reason the fake jersey market exists is because the NFL gouges fans with a rediculous mark up with their retail pricing.

$250 for a jersey that probably cost $15 to make is beyond ridiculousness.

$99 for a authentic, $65 for a permium, and $35 for a replica is a more than reasonable pricing structure.

i mean come on, does the NFL really think that two jersey's should equal the retail cost of a single unlocked iPhone?

child please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom