NFL Draft 2017: How a win or loss Sunday affects Saints' first-round standing (1 Viewer)

Saints win and the Falcons can lose the bye to one of various teams.

Do you really want to see the Lombardi-less ones get a trophy? Is 5 spots worth that?

Let's be serious here guys.

I would normally say tank get hope for the 10th pick buuuuuuuttttttttttttt if we can make ATL play an extra playoff game then I'm all for going for the win. They choke in wildcard round. I want them to recreated that 2 pt stinkervs the Giants.

In my view tanking the last game and winning to create momentum to carry over to next season are both silly reasons. Of course you play to win the game. These are athletes who are competitive by nature. As for momentum going into 2017, how many 2016 players will still be on the team in 2017? :scratch: Now, if the game becomes one sided, that's different. But I have always thought that out of control games offer the opportunities to evaluate fringe players regardless of whether it's the last game or not.

I'm not roooting for a loss but picking 10th would be nice

But their is no guarantee we will pick 10th even if we lose. We need 4 other games to go a certain way for us to get the 10th pick, we could lose and get 15th anyway. All you naysayer who with 3 weeks left and we were mathematically alive for the playoffs, didn't want to hope for the help we needed then, NOW you want to trust in the help we need to get the 10th pick?

I know "we play to win the game" but take the 2015 draft for example. We loose those last two games, the final against Atlanta and our draft and team looks completely different. Instead of Peat, we take Vic Beasley. You can say what you want about Atlanta but 14.5 sacks across from Jordan and were more than likely a playoff team this year. That also stops us from wasting a pick on Kikaha. We would have our pass rusher in Beasley and oft-injured Kikaha isn't a need anymore. What do we do with our 2nd round pick then? I don't know, if they feel we need a OT maybe Jake Fisher or maybe they have Eric Kendricks on the top of the board or possibly CB Quinten Rollins. I don't know but either way, I take Beasley 7 days a week ahead of Peat and twice on Sunday.

I want to win, but this team has consistently shows its good enough for 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. We are not good enough to get in the playoffs but we are just good enough where we miss out on the elite talent like Beasley. No one can say that two win's is worth not getting a pass rusher like Beasley. What do two win's possibly make us miss out on this year. Garrett is a top 5 talent, he'd almost definitely be gone but guys like Tim Williams or Barnett might be targets that go right before we have our chance.

I'll keep routing for our team but if we keep doing what we have been we'll be exactly where we are right now.

So the highest the Saints can pick is 10th if they lose, and 15th if they win. I'll take the win against the Falcons! To me it's worth the 5-8 spots between 10th and 18th (highest/lowest either way).

I don't really fault anyone that disagrees since we are out of the playoffs, but I can't help myself. I really love beating the Falcons that much!

Thats great, but I want us to win out period, a winning record is better than 3 losing records in a row.

End with a win.

I want to win, but this team has consistently shows its good enough for 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. We are not good enough to get in the playoffs but we are just good enough where we miss out on the elite talent like Beasley. No one can say that two win's is worth not getting a pass rusher like Beasley. What do two win's possibly make us miss out on this year. Garrett is a top 5 talent, he'd almost definitely be gone but guys like Tim Williams or Barnett might be targets that go right before we have our chance.

It's not always about where you pick, but who you pick.

I know "we play to win the game" but take the 2015 draft for example. We loose those last two games, the final against Atlanta and our draft and team looks completely different. Instead of Peat, we take Vic Beasley. You can say what you want about Atlanta but 14.5 sacks across from Jordan and were more than likely a playoff team this year. That also stops us from wasting a pick on Kikaha. We would have our pass rusher in Beasley and oft-injured Kikaha isn't a need anymore. What do we do with our 2nd round pick then? I don't know, if they feel we need a OT maybe Jake Fisher or maybe they have Eric Kendricks on the top of the board or possibly CB Quinten Rollins. I don't know but either way, I take Beasley 7 days a week ahead of Peat and twice on Sunday.

I'll keep routing for our team but if we keep doing what we have been we'll be exactly where we are right now.

Doubtful, the fo can't draft a decent linebacker to save their life. Most draft experts had Kendricks as the number one linebacker and graded as a high second rounder. We passed on him not once but twice.

Not to mention we passed on a double digit sack guy that would be a perfect fit on the other side of Jordan that was in our own backyard twice in the third round. Think our defense might look completely different with those two?

Also part of the sweetness of beating Atlanta is possibly knocking them out of the #2 seed in the NFC, and taking away their 1st Round Bye. Worth it!

Yeah, it's not at all like 2014/15. Except for the terrible start, the leaky defense, the lousy special teams and the late surge once we're out of the playoffs that drops us down 10 spots in the draft.

LOL
The only real difference is that we have alot of young talent. Much more than we did the last 2-3 seasons. Other than that, you're exactly right.

draftorder1.jpg

Haven't read all the post, so sorry if already said.

My feeling is, it's the damn Failcons. After this bad season, beating them would offer some consolation. Why?

1) chance to lose out on first round bye. They have to play an extra game to make it to Superbowl (odds increase at loss)

2) if they somehow win the first round, they either go to Seahawks or Cowgirls. Personally, I think the Seahawks are good and beating them at their house is difficult. Still not believing the Cowgirls are good, but I like it, because one of them will be knocked out of the playoffs (hate both teams fans)

3) Team playing tough, gives better chance of one of Matty's go to guys, getting hurt for the playoffs.

4) 8-8 sounds better than a 3rd consecutive 7-9 season. Especially after this injury plagued year.

To me, dropping a couple of spots in the draft won't matter. After all, in hindsight, who wouldn't take Dak Prescott over Jerrad Goff or Paxton Lynch now?

Besides, you always want to beat the damn Failcons.

Looks like with a win we will have pick 17.

With a loss, we will pick 11-12. (Depending on Cardinals vs Rams)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom