NFL Draft 2021 (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If College Football cancels their season, how will the NFL Draft work? How would that affect the seniors trying to improve their draft rank? How would the players stay in football shape with no football. Do seniors get another year of college football?

It's definitely going to be interesting how teams draft with no new games to go by. Not sure how I feel about no college football games. If already 1 conference cancelled and maybe some more going to cancel, this is going to be a miserable fall season...

I posted about this yesterday. If NCAA cancels the season, it brings up interesting issues. If they give all the scholarship players an extra year of eligibility, there aren't enough scholarships to go around.

I really do feel bad for some of those players in their last year. It’d make it really tough on the Joe Burrow types. If his last year had been canceled, he’d have been lucky to be drafted. Trevor Lawrence types don’t have to worry.

I can see scholarships being carried over a year and they’d just have 2 graduating college scholarship classes the next year. As for NFL teams, the ones with the best scouting departments will prevail in next years draft.

Not only will having No Football really suck, it’s going to have huge implications on College and Pro going forward. Will there even be a 2021 draft? Will Teams get to workout college players? Will there even be a combine? Will the NCAA grant Seniors another year of eligibility? I’m glad I’m just a spectator!

Not only will having No Football really suck, it’s going to have huge implications on College and Pro going forward. Will there even be a 2021 draft? Will Teams get to workout college players? Will there even be a combine? Will the NCAA grant Seniors another year of eligibility? I’m glad I’m just a spectator!
I think they should get a redshirt year option, that way they don't lose a year of eligibility.

I think they should get a redshirt year option, that way they don't lose a year of eligibility.

If that happened it could really thin out the 2021 draft class and strengthen the 2022 class. I'm glad we won't have a high pick next year. But I suspect many of the highly rated prospects would just enter the NFL draft.

Well, time to trust the tape more than ever. The 2019 tape, that is.

A lot of uncertainty that's for sure. It's hard to imagine a full-scale draft in 2021 if 70 - 80% of Division 1 schools don't have fall football seasons. And even if some or most schools switch to a spring football season, it would conflict with the Combine and the Draft, which wouldn't work as well.

Teams picking in the top 10 to 15 picks in the 2021 draft will be short-changed. First, second and third round picks will be de-valued.

If that happened it could really thin out the 2021 draft class and strengthen the 2022 class. I'm glad we won't have a high pick next year. But I suspect many of the highly rated prospects would just enter the NFL draft.
2021 will be a bad year to select a QB. QBs improve the most year to year of any position, and reps are super important for developing QBs.

2021 will be a good year for Dlinemen, linebackers, olinemen and running backs.

2021 will be a bad year to select a QB. QBs improve the most year to year of any position, and reps are super important for developing QBs.

2021 will be a good year for Dlinemen, linebackers, olinemen and running backs.

If Lawrence and Fields come out it won’t be a bad year for QBs.

Any player who felt he was going to jump a few rounds will probably want to play another year
I think most will opt for the draft

I really do feel bad for some of those players in their last year. It’d make it really tough on the Joe Burrow types.
Exactly. In a recent interview Joe even said that if Covid-19 started a year earlier, today he'd be looking for a job.
This virus is going to crush a lot of dreams in the sports world... a lot like it's already doing everywhere else in the business community. :sad:

Yeah, all I know is I wouldn't want to be a senior this year. Especially knowing if they do add another year at college, that means they are another year older. Good be good and bad as with some positions, age is a huge factor with the beatings their bodies take over time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom