NFL Draft moving to Friday night primetime? (1 Viewer)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
... is it true? I am just asking because I hear a rumor that the NFL is going primetime for the draft and cutting down on the time that teams have to pick. It's going from 15mins to 10mins and it all starts at 8pm et on a Friday night April 18th or 25th. They'll just be airing the first round of the draft in primetime. The next day will be rounds 2 thru 7. Is this true?

... is it true? I am just asking because I hear a rumor that the NFL is going primetime for the draft and cutting down on the time that teams have to pick. It's going from 15mins to 10mins and it all starts at 8pm et on a Friday night April 18th or 25th. They'll just be airing the first round of the draft in primetime. The next day will be rounds 2 thru 7. Is this true?

They did reduce the amount of time teams have to make their picks in each round, but they aren't changing the days the draft is on, at least not yet. So no Friday primetime.

I've heard that the time has been cut from 15 minutes to 10, but as far as switching to Friday night, I have not heard that. The date is set for April 26 & 27. It would be a great idea to to do the first round on prime time, but it doesn't appear to be so.

I heard that it will still be Saturday and Sunday, and the time will be cut from 15 mins to 10 mins also. I believe the only other change in format is that only rounds 1 & 2 are on Saturday, and 3-7 are on Sunday. I guess this will change the term "1st day pick."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom