NFL draft Q&A: Colt Brennan (1 Viewer)

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
draft.gif

In this exclusive Pro Day Q&A with Hawaii QB Colt Brennan, Scout.com's NFL Draft Analyst Chris Steuber spoke with Brennan about his Pro Day experience, what teams he talked to and what went into his decision to have hip surgery three weeks before the draft.

by CHRIS STEUBER/Scout.com

Chris Steuber: How was your Pro Day?

Colt Brennan: The Pro Day was great. I weighed in at 218 pounds. I thought that all the receivers [Davone Bess, Jason Rivers, Ryan Grice-Mullen and C.J. Hawthorne] did well, but the bummer was that three of them (Bess, Rivers and Grice-Mullen) came up lame. Bess strained his hamstring during his 40, so he wasn't really running routes. Rivers strained his groin or hamstring, and Grice-Mullen cramped up.

But that was fine, because I just wanted to show the scouts that I have great footwork underneath the center. I also wanted to show how strong my arm had gotten and how much bigger I am now. It's much easier for me to throw a football now that I put on an extra 30 pounds. A lot of scouts and a lot of agents walked up to me afterwards and said you did a lot of good for yourself today. That's what everyone kept saying. I'm pretty stoked about that.

CS: The weight that you've been able to put on since the Senior Bowl has been incredible. You weighed in at Mobile at 185 pounds and you just said you weighed in at 218 on Tuesday. What did scouts in attendance have to say about your weight gain?

Brennan
: They just asked my agents how I put so much weight on, that's all. But when I was at Hawaii, I wasn't thinking long term; I wasn't thinking about the NFL. I was just thinking about the present. I was taking six classes and got caught up in a crazy world of demand with every win. I was never in the weight room; I barely had time to eat.

Full Story - Fox Sports

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom