NFL Draft, Teams 1-9 draft outlooks (1 Viewer)

scormi5

Veteran
Reaction score
So I got really bored and slightly depressed after the Superbowl and decided to put off my football withdrawal by focusing on the draft, specifically the teams picking ahead of the Saints. Here's what i got:

Dolphins Draft Outlook
Defensive Scheme: 3-4
Dolphin Fans
- Inside Linebacker
- Wide Recievers
- Tightend
Dolphin Coaches
- Parcells says he has a “punter(Fields), center(Satele), receiver(Ginn), and runningback(Brown);” put the impression he will get rid of almost anyone else
- May go after QB
- Senior Bowl looks: Brandon Coutu, Rafael Little, Chauncey Washington

Rams Draft Outlook
Defensive Scheme: 4-3
Rams Fans
- O-line(old Orlando Pace)
- Maybe D-line
Rams Coaches
- ?

Falcons Draft Outlook
Falcons Fans
- D-Tackle
- Quarterback
- Mid-Round Guard
Falcons Coaches
- Senior Bowl Looks: John Sullivan, Harry Douglas, Rafael Little, Thomas DeCoud, Bryan Mattison, Jacob Tamme, Chad Rinehard

Raiders Draft Outlook
Raiders Fans
- Darren McFadden or Glen Dorsey
- Want another safety
- Would like a tackle in the early rounds.
Raiders Coaches
- Coached in Senior Bowl

Chiefs Draft Outlook
Chiefs Fans
- O-line
- Mid-round backup QB
- A return man
- They really want Jake Long
Chiefs Coaches
- Senior Bowl Looks: Kentwan Balmer, Owen Schmitt, Sam Baker, Carl Nicks, Gosder Cherilus, Patrick Lee, Erik Ainge(2 days), Drew Radovich, Chris Williams, Rafael Little, Philip Wheeler, Jacob Tamme, Dexter Jackson, Andre Caldwell, Wesley Woodyard, Cole Bennett, Mike McGlynn, Adarius Bowman, John David Booty, Lavelle Hawkins
- Really looking at lineman

Jets Draft Outlook
Jets Fans
- O-line
- Wide Receiver
- D-line
- Cornerback
- Like Vernon Gholston
Jets Coaches
- Senior Bowl looks: DeJuan Tribble, Matt Forte, Gosder Cherilus, DRC, Mike McGlynn, Ahtyba Rubin, Mike Rucker, Dantrell Savage
- Going after Asante Samuel

Patriots Draft Outlook
Patriots Fans
- Vernon Gholston
- Cornerback
Patriots Coaches
- Senior Bowl Looks: Chad Henne

Ravens Draft Outlook
Defensive Scheme: mostly 3-4, some 4-3
Ravens Fans
- Matt Ryan, Vernon Gholston
Ravens Coaches
- Senior Bowl Looks: Gosder Cherilus, Chris Ellis, Carl Nicks, Trevor Laws, Mike Pollak, Marcus Smith, Martin Rucker, Matt Forte, Quintin Demps, John David Booty, Jacob Hester, Wallace Gilberry, Peyton Hillis, Cody Wallace, Dorien Bryant, Justin Forsett, Jeremy Thompson, Chris Williams, Terrell Thomas, Tracy Porter, Xavier Adibi, Dantrell Savage, Oniel Cousins, Andre Fluellen, Patrick Lee, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Kellen Davis, Tom Zbikowski

Bengals Draft Outlook
Defensive Scheme: ?
Bengals Fans
- Want Ellis/Dorsey but not sure on what defense they are gonna have
- Would be content with Kenny Philips
- Want 2nd-3rd round linebacker and could use some O-lineman
Bengals Coaches
- Still deciding whether to switch from the 4-3 to 3-4
- Having issues with Chad Johnson, may get a wide receiver later

I'm just feeling it's more and more likely that Dorsey and Ellis are going to the Rams and da Raiduhs, neither lasting past the top 5. Even if one of them does last, the Bengals will grab the other unless we trade up with Baltimore the day of the draft to get them.
I've seen plenty of people put up scenarios where one or the other falls down to 10, but I do not think it's realistic. We'd better resign ourselves to seeing the Saints picking someone else (or trade up with the Ravens to get their DT). Assuming Ellis and Dorsey are long gone, I'd love it if the Saints could trade down a little, but I just don't know who would be interested in trading into the 10 spot, which means we'll probably have to stick with that spot and reach a little for a player who will be good, but we could have gotten later.

Then again, maybe I'm just trying to think "worst case scenario" so I'll end up being happy with what actually happens that day...

So there are at least 5 teams that are running a 3-4 scheme this year in the top 5.It looks good for us if our coaching staff thinks we need a DT.I somehow doubt this though I think wtih so many top defensive draft prospects I think that we are gonna end up with a Offensive BPA player available.I bet we end up with another receiver.

Has it been confirmed that Miami is switching to the 3-4?

Not officially. But Fin fans have indicated its in the works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom