NFL eases up on restricting crowd noise (1 Viewer)

So nice of them to give us permission to cheer for our team. Isn't the NFL great!

Last year or the year before the NFL allowed stadiums to pump in noise and to use the jumbotron to encourage fans to yell louder.

They're just relaxing those new guidelines.

"the NFL is concerned that fans are increasingly choosing the home experience over the stadium experience and has been looking for ways to make fans enjoy attending games more."

never mind the overpriced concessions, what the really fans want is to be told when to make more noise

didn't the Saints get penalized for excessive noise from fans back in the day ?

Yes, they used to throw a flag on the crowd noise when the opposing qb was behind center. The penalty was 5 yards . I remember the Saints Defense getting several over the years,

The crowd noise rule was eliminated in 2007

Crowd noise: The five-yard penalty against the defense for excessive crowd noise has been eliminated. The penalty
had not been called in many years.

New rules for 2007 - NFL.com

not like they could do anything about it anyway. how would they go about making 73,000 people shut up?

they threaten with penalties. There was a time in the DomePatrol era where we had (I think Elway) backed up on the 5 yard line and he was complaining to the refs but the fans just got louder when they threatened to penalize us. They were asking Saints Players on the sideline to help but they were doing so half heartedly and laughing. Fun stuff - I couldn't talk for 4 days.

Ok, so now Atlanta is allowed to provide their fans further instructions on how to cheer for their team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom