nfl europe (1 Viewer)

jtampasaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
should the nfl add 5 more players to each team, let's say 2 to the active roster an 3 to the practice squad. without nfl europe alot of players are going to miss out on the chance to play in the league. this way teams get to look at young players that other wise would be in nfl europe.

Most of the good ones will be invited to various training camps, but there will not be more players allowed on the teams.

If the players are good enough to make some team, its their chanceat the NFL, and it is a good chance.

A few will make it.

ddd

Also theres a new football league in the works to start up in 2009 "ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE®" .......

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/

Wikipedia actually as a lot more info about it.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_American_Football_League

The AAFL Draft took place in Atlanta on Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 The first player selected overall was Zarah Yisrael, offensive lineman from Troy state, who was picked by Team Arkansas.Under the draft rules, each team was permitted to designate up to 20 "protected" players from schools within their area. Thus, Team Florida listed, as protected, former Gators' quarterback Chris Leak, as well as players from Florida colleges. Team Texas could put players from Texas schools on its list......

2001 Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch has also signed with the league.

Last edited:
If these guys are good enough, they'll find a way to make it to the league eventually ala Kurt Warner, Beer Man, etc. Warner got the chance to play in NFLE but he was already on an NFL roster prior to that. I wouldn't mind letting 86 guys come to camp, but cheap owners are trying to defray costs.

do it!

I'm all for a return of NFL EUROPE. There is plenty of talent to go around. It makes a great farm system for the NFL. Its something to watch in the spring/summer. Done right, it could be hugely successful. And #1, maybe they'll stop screwing up our teams by sending them over there to play a game that counts.

Does anyone know why NFL Europe didnt work the 1st time? Seriously, I liked it, and would watch it any chance I got.

Personally The NFL should take over the CFL and switch it to American rules and do it similar to how the NBA handles the NBDL, where that each franchise in the CFL willl be filled by multiple NFL teams and each team can only send a certain number of players per position, so that the Argonauts wouldn't be loaded with O-linemen while the Alouettes are filled with RB's..

I don't think anything could happen until the collective bargaining agreement runs out which is 2011.

Does anyone know why NFL Europe didnt work the 1st time? Seriously, I liked it, and would watch it any chance I got.

i can't tell you the exact reason but the NFL was losing some crazy amount of money each year supporting nfl europe, I wanna say 30 million each year (might be too high, but it was alot of money).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom