NFL examining potential conflicts with '24 NOLA SB (mod edit with original title of the article) (1 Viewer)

I fail to see how it’s New Orleans’ fault that the NFL wanted a 17-game season and a 14-team playoff resulting in the season being extended.

Honor your agreement, NFL. You botched this, not us.
Not that big of a deal. It will be swapped to 2025. It does not matter, this far out. It is good the NFL is looking ahead and planning accordingly and still allowing NOLA to host another Super Bowl. Everybody needs to chill out.

What’s your problem with them pushing it back a year? They don’t have to give us a Super Bowl. I’m surprised we’re getting one at all with all of the newer stadiums out there.
Because they knew what they were getting into when they named New Orleans the 2024 host city 2 years ago.

The league and the owners knew they were going to push hard for a 17-game season and expanded playoff system when the previous CBA was set to expire and they still agreed to it in May 2018.

Besides, Super Bowl XLVII was hosted in New Orleans on February 3rd, 2013, smack dab in the middle of the 2013 Carnival Season with Mardi Gras Day following shortly behind 9 days later on February 12th. They did it once, they can do it again.

Like I said, they knew what they were getting into beforehand, they should’ve planned ahead.

It is good the NFL is looking ahead and planning accordingly and still allowing NOLA to host another Super Bowl.
They’re ~2 years late on that.

Because they knew what they were getting into when they named New Orleans the 2024 host city 2 years ago.

The league and the owners knew they were going to push hard for a 17-game season and expanded playoff system when the previous CBA was set to expire and they still agreed to it in May 2018.

Besides, Super Bowl XLVII was hosted in New Orleans on February 3rd, 2013, smack dab in the middle of the 2013 Carnival Season with Mardi Gras Day following shortly behind 9 days later on February 12th. They did it once, they can do it again.

Like I said, they knew what they were getting into beforehand, they should’ve planned ahead.

They’re ~2 years late on that.

I think it’s in the best interest of the city to have the two events separate that way you can fill up all of the hotels twice instead of trying to force both events at the same time. 2024 vs 2025 doesn’t make much of a difference.

Considering how New Orleans is a small market that the NFL has historically treated like a redheaded stepchild between years of bad refereeing, SP's one year suspension, and the 2018 NFC CG forkjob, it should be fairly obvious that the NFL isn't "letting" NOLA host a SB or doing us any favors. NOLA hosts SBs because it's a slamdunk for the NFL money-wise. People from all over the country will flock here to get sheetfaced, party, eat good food, and generally live it up so this is clearly one of the easiest markets for them to have a guaranteed successful SB. Those facts established, they are REALLY biting the hand that feeds them pulling a stunt like this when they otherwise could've just started the season a week earlier unless that violates any antitrust laws that may exist for NCAA games possibly having exclusive rights to that time. I doubt that's the case, however, since preseason games occur at that time anyway.

Just swap it to 2020 season and 2020 venue to 2024!

Problem solved, and Drew can win it at home this year!
?

Considering how New Orleans is a small market that the NFL has historically treated like a redheaded stepchild between years of bad refereeing, SP's one year suspension, and the 2018 NFC CG forkjob, it should be fairly obvious that the NFL isn't "letting" NOLA host a SB or doing us any favors. NOLA hosts SBs because it's a slamdunk for the NFL money-wise. People from all over the country will flock here to get shirtfaced, party, eat good food, and generally live it up so this is clearly one of the easiest markets for them to have a guaranteed successful SB. Those facts established, they are REALLY biting the hand that feeds them pulling a stunt like this when they otherwise could've just started the season a week earlier unless that violates any antitrust laws that may exist for NCAA games possibly having exclusive rights to that time. I doubt that's the case, however, since preseason games occur at that time anyway.
Relax. The League isn’t taking the Super Bowl away. It’s just gonna be delayed. And it’s not the first time. The League delayed the Arizona Super Bowl in the 90s until they recognized MLK Day. They delayed the L.A. Super Bowl a year for the stadium. It’s nothing new.

Considering how New Orleans is a small market that the NFL has historically treated like a redheaded stepchild .

The late Art Rooney wanted New Orleans to be the permanent site of the Super Bowl. If you had said Goodell has an agenda,I would
agree,but historically no they haven't treated us badly

Relax. The League isn’t taking the Super Bowl away. It’s just gonna be delayed. And it’s not the first time. The League delayed the Arizona Super Bowl in the 90s until they recognized MLK Day. They delayed the L.A. Super Bowl a year for the stadium. It’s nothing new.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that it's a dick move for them to try to permanently move the Super Bowl one week later into the year knowing full well that no other market hosts the Super Bowl more than New Orleans since that significantly increases the frequency of the Mardi Gras/SB overlap. They should've moved up the start of the regular season by a week and reduced preseason to three weeks.

The late Art Rooney wanted New Orleans to be the permanent site of the Super Bowl. If you had said Goodell has an agenda,I would
agree,but historically no they haven't treated us badly

We got slaughtered by bad calls in numerous niner games during the 80s/90s in addition to what I mentioned above plus we almost lost the team to Phoenix or Jacksonville before Benson bought 'em.

If the nfl would have moved the superbowl in new orleans up to 2023 you guys would still find a way to complain.

How does it seriously affect your life (or new orleans for that matter) that the superbowl in new orleans was pushed back 1 year?

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that it's a dick move for them to try to permanently move the Super Bowl one week later into the year knowing full well that no other market hosts the Super Bowl more than New Orleans since that significantly increases the frequency of the Mardi Gras/SB overlap. They should've moved up the start of the regular season by a week and reduced preseason to three weeks.
I agree

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom