N/S NFL Explores How Marijuana And CBD Can Be Used As Opioid Alternatives For Players (1 Viewer)

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.
They probably started with alcohol.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so I am all for this or anything else that may reduce opioid use. However, somehow when the NFL does it I have doubts about their real motivation. Seems like it could be so that it doesn’t look like caving when the NFLPA addresses screening in the next CBA.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also I've been a medical cannabis patient in FL for over 5 years and I have never wanted to try other drugs beyond the "gateway". I hold no ill feelings towards those who oppose its uses. All I can say is after 25 surgeries and almost losing a kidney to prescribed opioids, I have no desire to ingest another pill. I know 3 cancer patients who rely heavily on it's calming effects. All may not agree but I'm proof that Marijuana is a useful alternative. I haven't had a need for a pain pill since I got in the cannabis program.
Totally agree, and I will use pot myself in preference to pills if I ever have to. Problem is, young people with no real illness line up to get it. Most of them are pitiful and weak, contributing little to society and taking much. They are the last people that should be using psychoactive drugs.

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Totally agree, and I will use pot myself in preference to pills if I ever have to. Problem is, young people with no real illness line up to get it. Most of them are pitiful and weak, contributing little to society and taking much. They are the last people that should be using psychoactive drugs.
This is just a baseless generalization. Keep that same energy when 17 y/o kids are getting cigarettes and inhaling cancer in their lungs.
Additionally, everything you stated can be said about alcohol, tenfold.
Both of these substances have been found to cause immense damage to young people, and can be found almost everywhere. Alcohol companies are allowed to be sponsors of sporting events.

This is just either blatant hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance.

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.
Bingo.

Pot is a sneaky bad drug that drags excellent people down to good, good people down to mediocre, and mediocre people down to total failure.

Any drug worth buying has the powerful effect of deluding the user into believing it's not harming him. I've had people look me in the eye and tell me pot is harmless and not affecting his behavior. Then why does he look and talk stoned, miss work, take unnecessary risks, forget to take out the garbage, neglect his kids, and stink?
Put me in that number, with about 20 friends

I did one marijuana one time and immediately lost all my teeth and pawned my mom's TV to buy a big bag of crack.

Oh wait no, I went to college, got two degrees, a job, a car and a house. Did I do it wrong? 420 blaze it.

Judge_Smails

Rookie
Reaction score
I did one marijuana one time and immediately lost all my teeth and pawned my mom's TV to buy a big bag of crack.

Oh wait no, I went to college, got two degrees, a job, a car and a house. Did I do it wrong? 420 blaze it.
Yep. My experience has been similar. The worst decision I make when consuming is eating Popeye’s or something similar way too late into the night.

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have smoked weed quite a few times especially in high school. Didnt lead to any other drugs. Well I smoked cigarettes for 20 years but that cane before the weed. I woke up one morning and just quit. No drugs or help of any kind. Maybe I don't have an addictive trait or something?
The effects of nicotine withdrawal are nowhere near as bad as for many drugs. Its mostly psychological but some people experience headaches and nausea. Quitting marijuana is similar

For some drugs heavy users who are trying to quit have to taper or use a substitute because quitting cold turkey can literally kill you. This can happen with alcohol.

DeuceisaBEAST!

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Why does someone get flamed for a different point of view? Agree to disagree
Kinda like politics and religion
Seems like all the supposed “open” minded people are actually very closed minded

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm politically conservative and even I feel like this is long overdue.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm politically conservative and even I feel like this is long overdue.
I'm with you. I try to educate myself on each topic and come to my own conclusion. The science and evidence in this case is overwhelmingly positive. It's been around a long, long time and it's been used to treat almost everything.

I've been researching Delta 8 THC and it seems like it would help with pain. It's basically the same thing it just doesn't have as much Delta 9 THC in it. Apparently Delta 9 THC is what makes some people have anxiety and bad thoughts and feelings. If a person can have pain relief and a little euphoria without the weird mental part of it then I don't see the downside.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why does someone get flamed for a different point of view? Agree to disagree
Kinda like politics and religion
Seems like all the supposed “open” minded people are actually very closed minded
I'm not sure which post you're referring to but a lot of times the "open-minded" posters will flame someone for having a "close-minded" POV. It's not because their opinion is different; it's because their opinion is stupid.

CentMSSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What?
I object to idiots who refuse to examine evidence & continue in their ignorant assertions.
That would be you. Open your eyes to the damage it has done over the decades not only to the users, but damage to the victims they have harmed. All some of you see is the money that can be made. Damn the harm it can continue to do, which would only increase.

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That would be you. Open your eyes to the damage it has done over the decades not only to the users, but damage to the victims they have harmed. All some of you see is the money that can be made. Damn the harm it can continue to do, which would only increase.
Please present the evidence for your claim. Not personal anecdotes, actual peer reviewed scientific evidence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom