N/S NFL Explores How Marijuana And CBD Can Be Used As Opioid Alternatives For Players (1 Viewer)

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.

By that logic we should ban milk since every drug addict ever started with it. The MYTH that marijuana is dangerous is the real gateway. Once you realize that you were lied to you start to wonder what other lies were told.

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.

you’re describing alcohol

have you ever thought that maybe it was just the first one they had access to. People who have a propensity to try things regardless of legal status tend to try many things and something has to be first. It’s not a gateway, it just often grows closest to the gate. I know one of these folks very very well.
It often depends on the individual personality of drug users and their preference for liking weed or cannabis, and just staying there "and going no further". Some other drug users personalities like the nice high weed might give them but maybe it gets boring and redundant after a while, so some of them want to experiment with a substance that creates a better kick to it like cocaine, methamphetamines, illegal prescriptions they abuse like Adderall, or maybe even Oxycontin. The potency, strength, and high purity level of heroin usually doesn't get taken by successful white collar professionals. If you're working on Wall St. as a commodities broker, or securities and exchanges, the extreme dependency Heroin has on the body and people's psychological state, is too strong and severe to successfully co-opt into their daily lives.

Cocaine, probably but heroin, PCP, MDMA are substances that most successful businessmen from lawyers, doctors, DC politicians, Wall St. traders and executives won't even think about taking much less use it.

You talk about people who figuratively start using drugs they find closest to the gate, I ask: if its alcohol, cocaine, LSD, misusing or abusing prescription medication, or heroin if they begin that fearful, unknowing journey down the rabbit hole, does it matter which drug their addicted to, if their lives are forked up anyway?

Marijuana and cannabis have a very mild dependency level and while clinical trial studies have discovered significant cognitive impairment or damage long-term over 25-30 years or longer, but those potential side effects are avoidable arguably then abusing heroin, developing schizophrenic, psychotic symptoms from using high-powered LSD-25, or hallucinagetics, or being diagnosed with cardiac irrythmia, heart disorder, or strokes owing from cocaine abuse.

This is why Louisiana will be the last state to legalize it. Unfortunately this is a common ignorant belief that many of our state leaders also believe.

I don't know how people smoke weed and function. For days I just feel blah.
Same here, I can’t handle it. I get high so easily, and it takes like 12-24hours to wear off. Time is not orderly when I’m high. I could not imagine driving. One time my roommate made this ganja kombucha, and he told me just take half of it. I took half and didn’t feel anything so I drank the rest and oh man that was a mistake. That lasted 24 hours.

Yeah ok Hank Hill 🙄

Ppl who wanna experiment with harder drugs after weed are gonna do it. Those who don't want to after weed, won't. It doesn't hypnotize u into becoming a crack addict or whatever

Perhaps your family members were not mentally strong to handle a plant. You could pick other actions and your family member would have likely still succumbed to something. For example, cheeseburgers.
Merl, I like ya man but you are parroting a tired old trope.

This is why Louisiana will be the last state to legalize it. Unfortunately this is a common ignorant belief that many of our state leaders also believe.
I don’t think so, the money is too great.

Because in a lot of ways people would buy pot from dealers. Lots not a big money maker so the dealers would pressure on stepping up. It focuses more on the relationship that way. In the states that have legalized weed, it removes that dealer/pushing harder stuff and the harder drug use has gone down.
Since you've probably never bought drugs before. I'm gonna let you in a secret, drug dealers usually specialize. Weed guy or cocaine guy or Molly guy, etc. It's usually not a general drug store.
Also, the main gateway drug is alchohol for older people, as that was the first drug they used. The younger kids get their first experience with drugs from the myriad of pills parents cram down their throats throughout their young lives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom