N/S NFL Explores How Marijuana And CBD Can Be Used As Opioid Alternatives For Players (2 Viewers)

That damn gate must be REALLY FAR AWAY... better hurry Willie, you don't have much time to get hooked on them heroins! I know a # of major business players that are "weekend addicts" w/heroin & even more that used to go through coke like a snowblower.

Inappropriate forum, but the TRUTH s out there. Little hint: some of you believe the sheet vomited since the '20's.
As for the descent into mediocrity, please look up Carl Sagan, Michael Phelps, Steve Jobs & MANY of the most popular comedians, musicians & actors(& more than a few Founding Fathers). Addictive personality runs about 18% in the US, most of the other "addicts" have underlying issues. More people become addicted/sicken/die due to SUGAR! More people die from eating banana in 1 year than have died from Cannabis OD, EVER.

Personally, I graduated from HS w/honors, served in the USMC, have 2 degrees w/a combined GPA of 3.8(when there was no +4), ran one of the best kitchens in the world for 4 years, performed over 40 years on stage/studio, published 3 books & dozens of articles, worked w/labs/breeders/growers on 4 continents for medical research & planted my 1st Cannabis seed in Lafayette in 1974. Over the years, I have had my entire C spine fused/plated, 3 shoulder surgeries, 5 cysts removed from my spine & head, both hands repaired, 3 tumors removed my my chest, had over 20 cortisone shots & never stayed on opioids for more than a few weeks. We raised 2 kids & was a caregiver for a quadriplegic 80 year old on 2 SS disability checks.
I feel like such a slacker, maybe I should put down the bong, get my arse off the couch & accomplish something.
Marines saved my life when I was attached to the 586th ESFS at camp Bucca. I've yet to find a slacker Marine.

Also I've been a medical cannabis patient in FL for over 5 years and I have never wanted to try other drugs beyond the "gateway". I hold no ill feelings towards those who oppose its uses. All I can say is after 25 surgeries and almost losing a kidney to prescribed opioids, I have no desire to ingest another pill. I know 3 cancer patients who rely heavily on it's calming effects. All may not agree but I'm proof that Marijuana is a useful alternative. I haven't had a need for a pain pill since I got in the cannabis program.

What do you know, man? You're just a disabled veteran.

/s

I served 12 years in the Marines and went to Iraq. I was lucky but I have so many friends who rely on medical cannabis with no issues. I also had friends of mine who were on opioids and died.

I know of several Saints players that smoke.. I bought a gold Volcano vaporizer and I know 2 Saints players that got the others.
No I won’t say who either, only one is one of our best players and other is meh in and out of the lineup. Those are the only 2 I know smoke for a fact, I’m sure there’s wayyyyyy more.

That damn gate must be REALLY FAR AWAY... better hurry Willie, you don't have much time to get hooked on them heroins! I know a # of major business players that are "weekend addicts" w/heroin & even more that used to go through coke like a snowblower.

Inappropriate forum, but the TRUTH s out there. Little hint: some of you believe the sheet vomited since the '20's.
As for the descent into mediocrity, please look up Carl Sagan, Michael Phelps, Steve Jobs & MANY of the most popular comedians, musicians & actors(& more than a few Founding Fathers). Addictive personality runs about 18% in the US, most of the other "addicts" have underlying issues. More people become addicted/sicken/die due to SUGAR! More people die from eating banana in 1 year than have died from Cannabis OD, EVER.

Personally, I graduated from HS w/honors, served in the USMC, have 2 degrees w/a combined GPA of 3.8(when there was no +4), ran one of the best kitchens in the world for 4 years, performed over 40 years on stage/studio, published 3 books & dozens of articles, worked w/labs/breeders/growers on 4 continents for medical research & planted my 1st Cannabis seed in Lafayette in 1974. Over the years, I have had my entire C spine fused/plated, 3 shoulder surgeries, 5 cysts removed from my spine & head, both hands repaired, 3 tumors removed my my chest, got the PLAGUE, had over 20 cortisone shots & never stayed on opioids for more than a few weeks. We raised 2 kids & was a caregiver for a quadriplegic 80 year old on 2 SS disability checks.
I feel like such a slacker, maybe I should put down the bong, get my arse off the couch & accomplish something.
I'll bounce to this link I posted. This guy has done some research and logical consideration. Basically. we've been pushed to believe that doing any drug even just once makes you an addict. His research shows it's much different than that. The addicts come from the 30% or so who are predisposed to it. The other 70% are capable of using at a level which allows them to continue to function in society and family with little issue. At least that's his argument from what I gather. I've not read his book just yet.

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.
Just another example of NFL caving to certain group of folks, whom cannot control their stupidity or money~

I have smoked weed quite a few times especially in high school. Didnt lead to any other drugs. Well I smoked cigarettes for 20 years but that cane before the weed. I woke up one morning and just quit. No drugs or help of any kind. Maybe I don't have an addictive trait or something?

I have smoked weed quite a few times especially in high school. Didnt lead to any other drugs. Well I smoked cigarettes for 20 years but that cane before the weed. I woke up one morning and just quit. No drugs or help of any kind. Maybe I don't have an addictive trait or something?

The only addiction to pot is mental, as is the case with meth, coke or whatever. The issue here is the fable that pot treats pain on the same level as opiates. I cannot see a player who just had knee surgery forgoing his pain medication for pot. They will do them together but never as the primary means of pain control. On other words, if you want to let players smoke pot...Great. They are adults and capable of making their own decisions. Just don't sell it as an alternate means of pain control for football injuries.

The only addiction to pot is mental, as is the case with meth, coke or whatever. The issue here is the fable that pot treats pain on the same level as opiates. I cannot see a player who just had knee surgery forgoing his pain medication for pot. They will do them together but never as the primary means of pain control. On other words, if you want to let players smoke pot...Great. They are adults and capable of making their own decisions. Just don't sell it as an alternate means of pain control for football injuries.
Hard drug like meth heroin, and crack addiction isn't mental. They really mess with your body chemical dependency and your body and brain reacts accordingly.

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.

Right. Let's just keep giving them all opioids. Those never hurt anyone, right? Sorry for those of your family or friends that have had issues, but if you think weed is worse than Vicodin, you're delusional.

Hard drug like meth heroin, and crack addiction isn't mental. They really mess with your body chemical dependency and your body and brain reacts accordingly.
I understood those as having a physical addiction whereas devil's lettuce was only a mental addiction.

There’re 2 assertions here that I’m pretty sure you don’t have solid evidence to back up

It ain't happening. NFL owners are too conservative to advocate for a substance the federal government still puts in the same category as heroin. I understand that several states have legalized or decriminalized it but I doubt the NFL goes down that road.
And the league shouldn’t allow it just because these idiots choose to ruin their lives and those around them by using it for “pleasure. Who in their right mind are going to ingest this crap? It’s physically dangerous and causes you to commit dangerous acts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom