N/S NFL Explores How Marijuana And CBD Can Be Used As Opioid Alternatives For Players (1 Viewer)

I think the fact that there are no deaths from marijuana at any time in the history of the Earth and millions of deaths every year from every other drug and alcohol combined should be taught to every child in school. The truth will set everybody free.
Maybe my experiences are different. In my 20 years or so speaking to black, white, rich, poor, inner city and rural druggies and to school kids, I fine common denominators: don't start with weed. I have had many kids tell me how they and relative have died or been maimed while on weed. I have 6 friends and family members that did. So your statistics are wrong. People die on weed just like booze. Doing things that should not have been. It's called impaired judgement. So your off hand comments would not be appreciated by survivors and victims. That's my truth that set me and a bunch of others free.

Maybe my experiences are different. In my 20 years or so speaking to black, white, rich, poor, inner city and rural druggies and to school kids, I fine common denominators: don't start with weed. I have had many kids tell me how they and relative have died or been maimed while on weed. I have 6 friends and family members that did. So your statistics are wrong. People die on weed just like booze. Doing things that should not have been. It's called impaired judgement. So your off hand comments would not be appreciated by survivors and victims. That's my truth that set me and a bunch of others free.
you very often have anecdotes that run entirely counter to science, data, and/or common sense
it's an amazing life you lead

This may be the Libertarian in me speaking but as long as someone's behavior does not limit my liberties or the liberties and health of others then what someone does to themselves is none of my business. Buying marijuana from cartels is bad, buying it from a local grown farmer is good. Pretty simple.

lol I don't do edibles anymore. Not because its bad, but because it's too good. When I got in the program I started with edibles and it helped me very much with pain. As my body began to heal, the edibles seemed more potent, so I downgraded to flower. But if you think gummies and cookies are potent, dont try "RSO" (Rick Simpson oil). That stuff is great for Cancer patients and people dealing with extreme pain. But I don't recommend it unless you have a high tolerance.
As w/everything else, there are dosage/tolerance requirements. There are many low potency edibles out there & many recipes to allow you to make your meds(to your personal levels). RSO(Phoenix Tears) is NEVER intended for rec use. It was developed specifically for treatment. I've produced it for 3 people over the years, 1 for prostate cancer(in remission), 2 for breast cancer(1 was way late in the 4th stage & used only for palliative relief, the other is also in remission). It is intended to titrate up from 1/3 size of a grain of rice to 3 full grain size 3x a day(over a week -10 days), in a course for 60+ days.

Another major racists component was to "stop black jazz musicians from raping white women" & causing violent destruction.

On a commercial level, Hearst was a major supporter of Anslinger. He had purchased a HUGE forest track for paper making & invested heavily in Dupont's recently released petroleum based ink, looking to replace nitrocellulose ink(from hemp). So, 1 the original "yellow journalism rag" was instrumental in the "Reefer Madness" fearmongering(all for profit!).

The year before the actions were taken, there was an article in Popular Mechanics introducing a new retting machine for hemp. This would have allowed farmers to cut harvest/processing time over 30%. The term "marijuana" is a slang term that was only used by people in northern Mexico. The medical community called it Hemp, India Hemp or Cannabis. It is the MOST used/prescribed medicine in WORLD HISTORY! The AMA had no idea that the hearings were on Cannabis. They were told the evening before the last day of testimony. Despite their objections the drug warriors won the day & US been has been lied to/castigated/jailed.

All of this, & much more, info is readily available to those whose minds are open to facts & not crammed w/BS.

There's also evidence that psychedelics can help with brain injuries. With all the CTE concerns it should seriously be considered. https://academic.oup.com/nc/article/2019/1/niz003/5475888

THC/CBD over opioids is a no brainer and has been gaining traction although at an agonizingly slow rate

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.
They probably started with alcohol.

so I am all for this or anything else that may reduce opioid use. However, somehow when the NFL does it I have doubts about their real motivation. Seems like it could be so that it doesn’t look like caving when the NFLPA addresses screening in the next CBA.

Also I've been a medical cannabis patient in FL for over 5 years and I have never wanted to try other drugs beyond the "gateway". I hold no ill feelings towards those who oppose its uses. All I can say is after 25 surgeries and almost losing a kidney to prescribed opioids, I have no desire to ingest another pill. I know 3 cancer patients who rely heavily on it's calming effects. All may not agree but I'm proof that Marijuana is a useful alternative. I haven't had a need for a pain pill since I got in the cannabis program.

Totally agree, and I will use pot myself in preference to pills if I ever have to. Problem is, young people with no real illness line up to get it. Most of them are pitiful and weak, contributing little to society and taking much. They are the last people that should be using psychoactive drugs.

Totally agree, and I will use pot myself in preference to pills if I ever have to. Problem is, young people with no real illness line up to get it. Most of them are pitiful and weak, contributing little to society and taking much. They are the last people that should be using psychoactive drugs.
This is just a baseless generalization. Keep that same energy when 17 y/o kids are getting cigarettes and inhaling cancer in their lungs.
Additionally, everything you stated can be said about alcohol, tenfold.
Both of these substances have been found to cause immense damage to young people, and can be found almost everywhere. Alcohol companies are allowed to be sponsors of sporting events.

This is just either blatant hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance.

Don't agree with this and never will. That crap has destroyed too many lives as a starter drug and I don't care what anyone else says that it isn't. I have numerous family members that start with pot and ended up abusing harder crap and ruined there lives to convince me otherwise.
Bingo.

Pot is a sneaky bad drug that drags excellent people down to good, good people down to mediocre, and mediocre people down to total failure.

Any drug worth buying has the powerful effect of deluding the user into believing it's not harming him. I've had people look me in the eye and tell me pot is harmless and not affecting his behavior. Then why does he look and talk stoned, miss work, take unnecessary risks, forget to take out the garbage, neglect his kids, and stink?
Put me in that number, with about 20 friends

I did one marijuana one time and immediately lost all my teeth and pawned my mom's TV to buy a big bag of crack.

Oh wait no, I went to college, got two degrees, a job, a car and a house. Did I do it wrong? 420 blaze it.

I did one marijuana one time and immediately lost all my teeth and pawned my mom's TV to buy a big bag of crack.

Oh wait no, I went to college, got two degrees, a job, a car and a house. Did I do it wrong? 420 blaze it.
Yep. My experience has been similar. The worst decision I make when consuming is eating Popeye’s or something similar way too late into the night.

I have smoked weed quite a few times especially in high school. Didnt lead to any other drugs. Well I smoked cigarettes for 20 years but that cane before the weed. I woke up one morning and just quit. No drugs or help of any kind. Maybe I don't have an addictive trait or something?

The effects of nicotine withdrawal are nowhere near as bad as for many drugs. Its mostly psychological but some people experience headaches and nausea. Quitting marijuana is similar

For some drugs heavy users who are trying to quit have to taper or use a substitute because quitting cold turkey can literally kill you. This can happen with alcohol.

Why does someone get flamed for a different point of view? Agree to disagree
Kinda like politics and religion
Seems like all the supposed “open” minded people are actually very closed minded

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom