NFL fanatic is like building house on sand (1 Viewer)

Wide. Open.

The narrative " AR is magic" is everywhere.

Its a shame.

However, Patricia has enjoyed the other end as a Patriot for over a decade, so im not shedding tears for him.

But the NFL as a whole is slowing failing.
He's not shedding tears. He is playing right along. "We have to eliminate the penalties" "Can't commit those penalties" "We have to coach our guys better so we don't commit those penalties" Basically throws his players under the bus for making the penalties. Oh well, I'm not worried about it.

Headlines today should read "Goodell has lost control of the game" "NFL officials are determining outcome of games, Goodell scared to stop them" "NFL games look predetermined".

Someone call me when the NFL makes some major changes and they don't let the officials run the game anymore and Goodell is fired.

They are in on it in the sense that they are de facto employees of the league and as a result choose not to bite the hand that feeds. You see it in every sport, sadly.
Jim Nantz on Sunday sounded like he was about to jump out of the press box because he was so livid over the ridiculous amount of penalties being called that weren't worthy of a flag. He definitely wasn't toeing the company line at all. Maybe it's because he's Jim Nantz and not some nobody commentator who has to worry about being fired since he's pretty much the elder statesman of NFL commentators besides Joe Buck, who everyone wants to punch in the face.

I didn't see the game, but I'm 0% surprised about any of this after last year. Shame on me for even continuing to watch the Saints - I swore I would not after I left the dome for the NFC Championship.

Naturally, the talking heads are on the idiot tube this morning once again telling us that we didn't see what we saw. And even if we did it wouldn't have made a difference. Aaron Rodgers is such a bad man, it didn't matter that he would have taken a sack down by nine with 6 minutes left & had to punt the football instead of getting a fresh set of downs to try to score. they still would have won the game.
The only consolation in watching the garbage league known as the nfl is seeing a team like dallas practically being given the game & being SO BAD they can't even win with referee assistance.

I love hockey. Just wish I had a team I could really root for. I pull for the Bruins because I'm a Red Sox fan, but like watching any hockey when it's on.
Ive been rooting for the Stars for a long time, but the Stanley Cup playoffs are so good you can root for all the teams. I can see no reason the NHL would have picked the Blues to be champions and yet there it was.

Ill root for the Saints till I die, but as for now I only watch when there are no better options for my time.

Ive been rooting for the Stars for a long time, but the Stanley Cup playoffs are so good you can root for all the teams. I can see no reason the NHL would have picked the Blues to be champions and yet there it was.

Ill root for the Saints till I die, but as for now I only watch when there are no better options for my time.
You can say the NHL picked the Blues because they wanted a storyline that had a city coming back after the NFL team left.

Incompetence doesn’t equal a conspiracy. In this day, no one could get away with that sort of plan. Every reporter has been looking for that story since the 60s. It’s worth too much to stay silent for someone to stay quiet.

You can say the NHL picked the Blues because they wanted a storyline that had a city coming back after the NFL team left.

Incompetence doesn’t equal a conspiracy. In this day, no one could get away with that sort of plan. Every reporter has been looking for that story since the 60s. It’s worth too much to stay silent for someone to stay quiet.
And which media outlet would back a story like that & kill their sponsorship of hundreds of billions doing it?

And which media outlet would back a story like that & kill their sponsorship of hundreds of billions doing it?
The NY Times or another non sports related media.
It’s 2019. You can self publish this type of story and it’ll still make the same impact.

I'm willing to bet the NFL is also paying google to manipulate the headlines. Go to google news, type in Monday Night Football or Detroit Lions or Green Bay Packers and there isn't a single headline that even mentions the officiating. No way in hell that is possible.

NFL.com make no mention and this is Patricia's reaction in post game presser.

ESPN looks like this
1571146637785.png
www.espn.com

The NFL PR machine is running wide open today.

Those two bad calls is the difference between the Lions being a half game back from the Packers plus owning the tie breaker and their season's destiny in the hands of the Lions to being in last place in the division 3.5 games back from the Packers. The news story today is how great and magical Rodgers comes from behind to win the game and almost no mention anywhere of how magical the officiating is.

There is no way in hell anyone can tell me the NFL is pushing an agenda and they're spending more time and money doing it than fixing the officiating problem at the very least. At worst, the officiating problem was only a problem for the Lions last night and they are just part of that story line.

I'm at the point where I want the NFL to fail miserably so I can get football back.
I wonder if he gets an extra bonus for taking it like a man?

If he can't be upset, why should fans?

Jim Nantz on Sunday sounded like he was about to jump out of the press box because he was so livid over the ridiculous amount of penalties being called that weren't worthy of a flag. He definitely wasn't toeing the company line at all. Maybe it's because he's Jim Nantz and not some nobody commentator who has to worry about being fired since he's pretty much the elder statesman of NFL commentators besides Joe Buck, who everyone wants to punch in the face.
Which game did Jim Nantz call?

What I can say, you don't watch hockey.

Now, I am not going to tell you there aren't bad/horrible/attrocious calls in hockey, but I will tell you, I have never finished watching a hockey game and thought "home cooking".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom