NFL Films: The "So Close" Saints (1 Viewer)

Its funny, I’ve gone the opposite way. It’s made me want to see us get one more so badly with this group. Like it would partially make up for all the bad stuff that’s happened.

It's almost certain this is it for Drew and we aren't looking too hot right now. Won't stop me from believing they can still win it all though.

I've wondered what would have happened if Payton pulled the entire team off of the field and refused to step on again until that call was addressed properly. We would be in no worse position. Imagine, the entire sports world watching the team going into the lockerroom on that no call. Legacies were on the line, cities having their revenue impacted, were on the line. Even if they declared the other team victors by default, SOMETHING would have been different. SOMETHING would have happened.

If they had made the call, it would have been 1st and goal, with a minute and some change and those idiots with no timeouts. 3 kneeldowns and a FGA would have more than likely meant the Super Bowl for us.

I am still furiously frustrated with that top shelf bull shirt. And one of the things that REALLY p'd me off was how people were MAD at the rule change and said they hope the Saints get burned by the review. Like WTH?! Everybody who isn't a Rams or Falcons fan could see we got hosed and you're MAD it people trying to right a wrong?! It's like the world is full of idiots.

Yeah but you never put the game in the refs hands. Even tho it was a blatant no call 🤦🏾‍♂️. Drew had a chance in overtime and threw the pick. I felt like the air was let out the team and building at that time. You are so right bout the D. We will see

In the NFL, the game is always in the refs hands. They can award 56-yard PI penalties, or not, at their whim.

I've wondered what would have happened if Payton pulled the entire team off of the field and refused to step on again until that call was addressed properly. We would be in no worse position. Imagine, the entire sports world watching the team going into the lockerroom on that no call. Legacies were on the line, cities having their revenue impacted, were on the line. Even if they declared the other team victors by default, SOMETHING would have been different. SOMETHING would have happened.

If they had made the call, it would have been 1st and goal, with a minute and some change and those idiots with no timeouts. 3 kneeldowns and a FGA would have more than likely meant the Super Bowl for us.

I am still furiously frustrated with that top shelf bull shirt. And one of the things that REALLY p'd me off was how people were MAD at the rule change and said they hope the Saints get burned by the review. Like WTH?! Everybody who isn't a Rams or Falcons fan could see we got hosed and you're MAD it people trying to right a wrong?! It's like the world is full of idiots.

I think that "something" you mentioned would have been a death penalty style hammer dropped on us by Goodell

If you think that the media and other fans saying "all the D had to do was stop the game tying score", "All the offense had to do was score in overtime" are said too much now see what that coverage would have been had we walked off the field

I wondered this before myself, as a way to force the league's hand but I think too many people would be of the opinion that quitting with a valid reason is still quitting

Overall, the 2011, 2017, and 2018 Saints should have been SB champions, IMO, or at least been in the game. Last year, we didn’t play well enough against an inferior Vikings team, at home.

Its funny, I’ve gone the opposite way. It’s made me want to see us get one more so badly with this group. Like it would partially make up for all the bad stuff that’s happened.

Well...it won't happen with this group. This chapter closed with that Rams sham.

Ah okay. Thanks for letting me know.

You betcha. Said it then and will say it now. Takes a lot of moving parts to line up and it did then. But the NFL and refs took that from us. Drew will retire after this season and the Saints will move on to a new chapter.

You betcha. Said it then and will say it now. Takes a lot of moving parts to line up and it did then. But the NFL and refs took that from us. Drew will retire after this season and the Saints will move on to a new chapter.

Awesome. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom