N/S NFL fines Vontaze Burfict $112,000 (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This guy needs to be banned from the league permanently. How many damn chances is he going to get?

He's what worries me most about the Cincy game in a few weeks. Unless he somehow finds himself suspended before then.

I don’t mind the old school mentality of knocking someone’ block off, talking trash, etc...., but dirty plays has no place in any game

Those fines are meaningless. Keeping him off the field would send more of a message. Also, what's this say about the Bengals organization for continuing to turn a blind eye to his dirty play?

Can't stand Burflict, the dirtiest player in the game.

With that said, the hit wasn't that bad to me and the fine he got was because of his past more than that hit.

I can’t stand VB but the hypocrisy of the Steelers is sickening. Hines Ward was a cheap shot artist and a horrible human being. James Harrison also tried to hurt people with forearms all the time. I really have zero sympathy for that organization.

The Steelers have become dis functional Screw the Steelers.

It's always like that when Cincinnati plays Pittsburgh.
The Bengals have some sort of Inferiority Complex.

I can’t stand VB but the hypocrisy of the Steelers is sickening. Hines Ward was a cheap shot artist and a horrible human being. James Harrison also tried to hurt people with forearms all the time. I really have zero sympathy for that organization.

The Steelers have become dis functional Screw the Steelers.

Agreed.
Burfict is sometimes dirty imo, but he takes it too. Last year Ju Ju I believe knocked him out with a crackback block and stood over him taunting as he was concussed.

Hypocrisy.

Agreed.
Burfict is sometimes dirty imo, but he takes it too. Last year Ju Ju I believe knocked him out with a crackback block and stood over him taunting as he was concussed.

Hypocrisy.
I don't see hypocrisy, JuJu didn't get away with it. These two teams are pushing and jawing from the opening whistle. The frequency of dirty from Burfict is the issue. It's the norm with him. And to the earlier post, yeah the league is becoming overprotective, but we don't need more players like Burfict. He's not just a good, hard hitter, he's out to injure in a dirty way.

The first half of your sentence is ridiculous. However, I completely agree with the second half.
Was it “ridiculous” when the Giants kept paying LT to terrorize opposing QB’s?? Some consider him the greatest all time!! Just because it’s not exceptable to some in this modern era of hugging players = a tackle, doesn’t make my thoughts “ridiculous”.
I Just wish Goodell and owners didn’t make these drastic changes. If you like the game how it’s played now, then great!!! But I could care less about players on defense acting as enforcers. Man, a young Burfict would look nice in black and gold right about now. I have no attachment to these players, I just want the players to play with extreme passion and intensity!! I don’t care if they take it a bit to far. Now how ridiculous is that?!?!

I don't see hypocrisy, JuJu didn't get away with it. These two teams are pushing and jawing from the opening whistle. The frequency of dirty from Burfict is the issue. It's the norm with him. And to the earlier post, yeah the league is becoming overprotective, but we don't need more players like Burfict. He's not just a good, hard hitter, he's out to injure in a dirty way.

So were Harrison and Hines Ward. The Steelers always have plenty of dirty players.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom