NFL gets rid of P.I. review rule (1 Viewer)

I just don't understand the reluctance to get these things right? Like do they really think the game is better when people at home can see blatantly wrong calls in real time? Like the technology isn't just available to get this right, its been around long enough to be legally drink.

Just have a central video hub in NYC or LA, allow a small crew to buzz into games to work with head officials on the field to trigger replays. It doesn't have to take forever, and you can set limitations on it... but in the 21st century we should be able to have accurate calls on the field. It's absurd that the NFL isn't pushing hard to simply get things right.

I just don't understand the reluctance to get these things right? Like do they really think the game is better when people at home can see blatantly wrong calls in real time? Like the technology isn't just available to get this right, its been around long enough to be legally drink.

Just have a central video hub in NYC or LA, allow a small crew to buzz into games to work with head officials on the field to trigger replays. It doesn't have to take forever, and you can set limitations on it... but in the 21st century we should be able to have accurate calls on the field. It's absurd that the NFL isn't pushing hard to simply get things right.

The only reason the NFL willfully maintains ambiguity around rules enforcement is because they they find the gray space useful. Don't give me this crap about getting calls right makes the game longer....they have commercials every time there is an opportunity to fit one in, and they take WAAAY too long to make a decision on completely obvious plays.

Putting in technology to hold officiating accountable gets rid of their ability to nudge and influence the flow of games. (notice I didn't say outcomes)

There is way too much money at stake in the NFL now to allow teams to completely blow out competitors before halftime, or allow some small market upstart to dethrone more deserving teams.

Cause this way they can rig the game to go as they want. It's all about the benjamins.

It only fuels the theory that they want the officials (league) to have this tool to influence games and season outcomes.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom