NFL goes out of way to give San Diego shorter flight to England and remove home game from Saints (1 Viewer)

why do people always look to find a way they are being screwed? Lifes a whole lot more fun when you arent' always looking for problems and how you're being done wrong.
look for the positives.. it does help, life is really what you make out of it. start looking at the positive, and you start realizing more positives are happening.

personally, i think tom benson is paying people to post on SR.COM now

OK, I admit Mr Benson pays me for every post I make on this board.

But, he figures every team in the league will eventually do this overseas stuff, so lets get our turn over with.

Also, amazingly, it appears the Brits will be pulling for us! Seriously, French logo on the helmets be darned. We win!

Yep, I'm making a bundle here, ah, life is good.

ddd

i think a simpler question is:

why couldn't the saints have 8 home games, 8 road games with one in england?

SSF

Go have a beer, slidell

It's a bad deal, unless we win (we will) but both teams are NFL, and somebody has to be the 'home' team. Not fair? We roll with the punch.

ddd

Dude if you are mad please vent b/c even though some people live on this board hour by hour, alot of us fans don't. Plus this is a topic that shouldn't die, keep it fresh, make it a point of conversation. The thing that is best is that you did it in a manner not critical of anyone else on the board and with out going over the top. Whether it be this or something else Saints related keep on keeping on. Its not your fault there are others on this board who jump at evey missplaced comma (yes it is an exaggeration) but it drives the point home. We are all Saints fans and should be supportive of each other unless we get way out of line or turn on each other. Winning Starts from the top down, and yes at the bottom of the totem pole are the fans. We are the base, the foundation and we all need to get on board for our push to Tampa this year. Do your thang and let all the haters hate.

im pretty sure that no saints fan wanted to lose a home game. but like the guy said THE SAINTS AGREED TO IT so its just time to move on dam :bartmat:

What about the part where the NFL intentionaly schedules San diego at Buffalo the week before as San Diego requested?

Why could the saints have one of the visitor games away instead of a home game.

It was only news as of 2 days ago that it was a home game.

I do know one thing: Mayor Nagin is more likely to be in England or Dallas to watch the game than New Orleans
The Chargers and Saints both requested a Bye the week before or after the game. The Saints and Chargers both agreed to the game. The Saints feel that the exsposure will be good for New Orleans as there is a large contingent in England who visit New Orleans regularly. While I think it blows to loose a home game, this is going to be much better than the last home game the Saints lost (New York).

That's not the case. It was known that San Diego was a "home game" and months ago it was announced that we would be playing San Diego in London. So, obviously we lost a home game. That is not new news.

Since the Saints ability to win at home is not as good as its ability outside the dome, we should be happy they are playing outside of NO. It increases our likelihood for a win.

How's that for a positive spin on things?

We should have played the Giants in london and took a home game from them. It would have solved everything.

I don't a $#@% how old the news is, I'm still as ****** as when they first announced it. I try not to think about it too much but as that game gets closer and closer and I have to sift through thread after thread of "I'm from London I'm so excited!!!! sorry fans of New Orleans" I might go postal...:angryrazz:

I don't like the fact that they took a home game from us...on the other hand, this is a rare opportunity to bring whodat nation to a foreign city. I've never been to London, so I'm looking at this as a chance to visit another city.

What about the part where the NFL intentionaly schedules San diego at Buffalo the week before as San Diego requested?

Why could the saints have one of the visitor games away instead of a home game.

I do know one thing: Mayor Nagin is more likely to be in England or Dallas to watch the game than New Orleans

The 2 teams were basically chosen and asked if they would agree. So the option of asking for a road game to be taken away was never available because the question was would we like to play the Chargers in London, and we would have played them at home. It was news that it was a home game the minute it was announced. How is it that seemingly nobody knew about the home and away games being announced many moons ago? We knew we would play the Chargers at home before the London game was announced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom