NFL has another major problem on their hands (2 Viewers)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I told my brother this last week when Mr. Floyd was murdered. I said the NFL will have a major problem.

Covid aside. BTW why are people arm in arm by the thousands yet I can't attend a football game? What happened to public health? I digress.

You have many of the players that will kneel this year and probably for sometime to come. I think what happened has brought more awareness of the challenges of racism in this country. The large majority of fans that support the NFL are not people of color. This is a clash that could present a significant problem for owners. BTW most owners are not people of color. I get a sense this will divide the NFL and the game all of us on this board love could be in jeopardy. Thoughts?

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I think if the nfl sees tv ratings suffer they will stop the playing of the anthem

I don’t use tv audio for games nor make it to tv before kickoff so I’m not sure they still televise the anthem, the radio has it

as far as the team - it’s divided now , not sure it can be repaired

I think there will be 3 camps , those who are neutral, Brees camp , MJ camp

if fans attend as normal if either player plays poorly they will hear it from “opposing “ camp

If the team plays badly the neutral crowd may give up on the year and possibly longer

as a tv viewer and long time fan who sat through the bad times I’ll stick with the team unless the sport as a whole becomes too political I’ll stop following all together.

im a Saints fan more than an nfl fan, by that I dont watch other games as there is no connection

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I told my brother this last week when Mr. Floyd was murdered. I said the NFL will have a major problem.

Covid aside. BTW why are people arm in arm by the thousands yet I can't attend a football game? What happened to public health? I digress.

You have many of the players that will kneel this year and probably for sometime to come. I think what happened has brought more awareness of the challenges of racism in this country. The large majority of fans that support the NFL are not people of color. This is a clash that could present a significant problem for owners. BTW most owners are not people of color. I get a sense this will divide the NFL and the game all of us on this board love could be in jeopardy. Thoughts?
Hey Cajun - good stuff you said. But it may be what unites the players. The NFL owners systemic greed may come into play as a positive for change. I'm sure they're a few good-hearted owners, but most are filled with greed. They know it will cost them in their pockets if people of color start to move away from being NFL fans. They will lose money. So their greed may be part of the reason that real change happens in pro sports.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
Stop playing the anthem and doing the military worship at games. I don't need to worship the state before I watch football.
I watch football for football. rarely do i turn it on before. game at 12. tv comes on right around 1159 to catch opening kickoff. i dont watch it to see who stands/kneels/covers their hearts. and quite frankly it doesnt matter to me who does or doesnt. im watching sports to see sports. if i want to see mindless debates and politics ill turn on fox news or cnn.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why does the National Anthem need to be televised anyway with the players on the field? Many years ago, the players were in the locker room during the anthem.
I think it was a post 9/11 thing when the nfl started doing these sponsorship agreements with the military.

keijicosis

All-Pro
Reaction score
The anthem isn't on every tv broadcast....I wish people would remember this. That said, I also feel you don't need it before every sporting event in this country.

onanygivensunday

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
as a tv viewer and long time fan who sat through the bad times I’ll stick with the team unless the sport as a whole becomes too political I’ll stop following all together.
And therein lies the problem.

What Kap and others who kneeled during the anthem is NOT political. Trump made it political when he blasted Kap and others who kneeled.

What is being protested all over the country is apolitical. It's about equal treatment and protection for all citizens regardless of skin color.

Please, let's see it for what it is... and not for what Trump has painted it.

soggymoss

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Change everything..

Pregame warm ups players wear generic team shirts, pants, socks and shoes..

Go inside after warm ups to suit up, anthem is played...

Players come out after suiting up, put their head down and play football..

No statements, no protests nothing, you shut the fork up and do your job, make your statements on your own time.

If you don't like it, give back your signing bonus, take off their cap hits, and they go sell insurance

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score

I hear you! I've read what you've written and reserve my right to put an end to this argument or disagreement only to say this.; we are ALL entitleded to our own opinions and in this particular issue? I certainly WON'T disrespect OUR Flag ( That's ALL Americans my man!) and there's no way to respect Our American Flag whom some very solid American men and women gave their lives for ...which means ANYONE's RIGHT to protest and speak out against those injustices you happen to perceive them to be! Do you FEEL ME?

I don't think you can expect one without respecting those who may feel differently , especially when it pertains to the American Flag. Many of us have seen many, FAR TOO MANY of our fellow American SEAL TEAM members lost in some highly clandestine Missions which had huge pay offs but were extremely sketchy with a low % of success. Still they go. Lots of good people who dedicated their lives to the Missions and that we would be supported by our Air Force and Marines all prepared to lay their lives on the line for us!!

See, this is where we may split in our beliefs of how we perceive our beliefs? I don't know nor pretend to know. What I DO KNOW is that no matter what happens or how poorly treated Vets are , a person is treated due to their race and to women due to their gender or to those who are unsure of their gender. So many issues which fall upon the shoulders of us and those who lay their lives on the line for each of our rights no matter whether they agree with everyone of them or not. It's for ALL of US they/we put those/our wonderful lives, filled with wives and children and family of Mothers and Fathers all worried and concerned as we leave never to know whether we make it back home or not!!

Lives are put out there upon the line for equality and justice but on a more global scale and often to help others whom we have less in common with than all of US! We must ALL KNOW just how dangerous those special ops are for everyone in The Free World. It has it's flaws but believe ME! It's the very BEST System of Govt.. on our Planet and gives everyone an equal opportunity in the ballot boxes across this land. So, Drew, as we WHODATS know, this is a man who beleives strongly in his values and doesn't seem to have a racist bone in his body. To read you questioning his unity with his teammates and fellow workers in The NFL is hurtful and really doesn't work when you look over Drew's body of work and the way he has carried himself , donated hundreds of hours after hundreds of hours to so many just causes for our area and those of his teammates. From working with the children in their Camps during Summer.

I must ask you to ask yourself if you truly beleive Drew Brees is some kind of changing who puts on whatever hat it is which will get the best , most positive, response. I don't beleive THAT for one second so, is that really who he IS? I don't think so, I believe Drew Brees is the man whom we see on the practice field , in the locker room, on the playing field and in interviews or when the cameras are off except for that one guy who wants to get him and his behind the scenes character OUT of The WHODAT NATION loves and the real man behind The New Orleans SAINTS' jersey and where he really is being himself and it's the SAME DUDE Who shines for us EVER TIME he gets a chance! He IS who we thought he was and who he will be on and after The Game! I can only hope we see eye to eye on this one for it's about this one man who has been a solid as an example for Our SAINTS in a similaru the way my IG friend, Benjamin Watson is! A man who makes us ALL strive to be our best versions of ourselves as we can be! Those are the guys I'll always be pulling for no matter what colors their jerseys are! Stay Frosty ! <> GLH<>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom